Review of Clueless & Headstrong

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fanny Lebura Ueh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Jason's Magic Journeys by Sylvia Hebden

Review of Clueless & Headstrong

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Clueless & Headstrong" by Eyvonne Black.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In "Clueless & Headstrong: Aunt Lynette Story" by Eyvonne Black, Lynette shares a captivating narrative about her life, with a careful focus on the romantic aspect. Young Lynette meets Chan, and they eventually fall in love, although this wasn't immediate as Lynette initially didn't like him. Lynette and Chan became very close and started making plans for the future. However, Lynette's family tradition required her to travel to the United States to pursue and complete her college education, causing emotional strain for Lynette as Chan wasn't accompanying her. Lynette's story explains the significant strain placed on their relationship, detailing her struggles and the extent of her strength.

Various parts of the book evoked emotional responses from me while reading, especially the sections detailing conversations between Chan and Young Lynette. I was able to feel this way because of the detailed and empathetic nature of the story, and I must commend the author for that skill. The themes of love and care portrayed in parts of the book also resonated deeply with me.

The romance tale was palpable; it felt realistic and unpredictable, which kept me engaged as I eagerly awaited the resolution of certain scenarios. I commend the author for maintaining suspense throughout. There was never a dull moment in Lynette's story; each phase of her life was accompanied by something intriguing. Furthermore, it offered motivational lessons, making it a rich narrative.

I did not find anything to dislike about the book. Although I noticed minimal errors, they did not detract from my reading experience. Therefore, I rate the book a perfect 5 out of 5 due to the numerous positives and the absence of negatives.

The book "Clueless & Headstrong: Aunt Lynette Story" by Eyvonne Black would be well-suited for readers who enjoy contemporary romance novels with a focus on character development and emotional depth. Additionally, individuals interested in stories about personal growth, overcoming challenges, and navigating relationships would find this book appealing. It may particularly resonate with young adults and adults who appreciate heartfelt narratives with relatable themes.

Clueless & Headstrong
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Prohlife Jobs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prohlife-jobs.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Prohlife Jobs »

Given the cover of this book, I was expecting something different to what you have described here. I am nonetheless interested in reading the book.
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thank you for your thoughtful review. For me, it is the ability of the author to sweep you along with the emotion and empathy in their writing that really makes me connect with the characters and a story. This may be an author for me to consider.
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

A very beautiful review. For me, it is the ability of the author maintain suspense throughout. The neverending fun moment. This may be a book for me to consider.
Osvaldo Borghese
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: On the Trail of the Unseen by Lynne Armstrong-Jones
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

Thanks for your nice review, I will keep this book in consideration.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”