Review of He Came Back to Me

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Clauson Justin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: The Making, the Rise, and the Future of the Speakingman-fourth edition by Dan M Mrejeru

Review of He Came Back to Me

Post by Clauson Justin »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "He Came Back to Me" by Sheila D Zemp.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

He Came Back to Me is a captivating young adult romance novel written by Sheila D. Zemp that follows the journey of Sarah Beth Davis, a recent university graduate, and her rekindled romance with Hunter Cooper, a figure from her past.

The story begins with Sarah's graduation from OSU, where she unexpectedly encounters Hunter, igniting a flurry of emotions within her. Despite their undeniable chemistry, Sarah finds herself torn due to Hunter's complicated marital situation. As Sarah ventures on a job interview trip to Dallas, unexpected calls from Hunter further muddy her emotions. Amidst the turmoil of Hunter's troubled marriage, Sarah and Hunter must navigate their feelings. However, their journey takes a dramatic turn when they stumble upon a disturbing drug issue involving Hunter's wife, Lisa, at his ranch. As they grapple with the implications of this revelation, questions arise about the future of their relationship and the dangers posed by Lisa's lifestyle. Discover the fate of these star-crossed lovers and the challenges they face in He Came Back to Me.

There are many things I enjoyed about the book. The characters were captivating and fun to follow. Sarah, especially, was a great main character. You could feel her love for Hunter, especially when she chose to stay with him during tough times. The romance between them was intense, and it kept getting more exciting as the story went on, which I liked. Sarah's sense of humor and her interactions with Jen were also highlights for me. Additionally, I liked how the book kept a good pace—none of the chapters felt too slow. The language used was simple and easy to understand, which made it even more enjoyable to read.

My least favorite thing about the book, personally, was Lisa. I felt like she was underutilized as a character. I think the book would have benefited from having several confrontations between her and Sarah, as it would have given the book more drama. However, this option is entirely subjective, as the book remains an excellent read.

I found no errors in this book. It was professionally edited. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars as it was an interesting read. I recommend it to lovers of young adult romance novels.

He Came Back to Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 75%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

This romance looks to be nice and well-written. thank you for the review.
Sheryl Brown 3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Sheryl Brown 3 »

This book seems like a captivating read. Thanks for the review
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Crimeline Hollywood by Thomas Collins
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Laney K »

A romance with well-written characters sounds like a book I'd quite enjoy. Thanks for the informative review!
Raymonda Onwuka 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymonda-onwuka-1.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Raymonda Onwuka 1 »

Thanks for the great review. I honestly think that Sarah is a hot and we'll developed character. I am thinking of reading this book. I wish for Hunter and Sarah to be together.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”