Review of Love on the Horizon

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 297
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Review of Love on the Horizon

Post by Mayang Bature »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Love on the Horizon" by Emory Dillon.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Ben was the boss of a large lumber company after succeeding his father, and he was currently going through a divorce. He wanted to escape the pressure, but he could not for the sake of his daughter, Morgan. To unwind, he planned a solo trip from Spain to Oregon in his fancy, expensive boat, Morgana. He stopped in the Keys for a few weeks, where he met Sonja, the diving instructor in the small town, and sparks flew because they had a strong connection. Sonja was also having a difficult time because she was still dealing with a bad breakup and her mother had died earlier in the year. When their worlds collide, walls must be torn down as they learn to trust again. It is entirely up to them whether or not this works.

"Love on the Horizon" was a simple and direct story that I enjoyed reading. The simplicity with which it was done made understanding very easy. The story began by describing the characters' lives and their ambitions. Ben was a wealthy yet humble man, and his attitude toward everything, including his job, reflected this. This delicate description went on to depict the characters' emotions and how they felt.

The novel alternated between Bem and Sonja's points of view to provide a more comprehensive account of the events. Even though it could feel repetitive at times, it also helped me understand how both characters perceived and felt about the same events. It was like getting to see both sides of a story. Sonja questioned whether Ben was who he claimed to be, and Ben wondered if she would even give him a chance. It was a lot of fun to learn about their lives.

Despite these enjoyable aspects, the dialogue was a little dry, and the plot in general felt very basic, like something I had seen before. As a result, the story becomes predictable, making it tiresome to read. It became uneventful near the end and appeared to be dragging on. These aspects had a significant impact on my enjoyment of the book, and as a result, I gave it a rating of 3 out of 5. I believe this book would appeal to readers who enjoy romance stories and small-town settings.

Love on the Horizon
View: on Bookshelves
As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will always exist.

~Uchiha M.
Sandre Lamar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Sandre Lamar »

This book is a masterpiece! Highly recommended

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”