Review of Evelyn

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinenye Sus
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-sus.html
Latest Review: Brian, Created Intelligence by AJ Pagan IV

Review of Evelyn

Post by Chinenye Sus »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Evelyn" by Umut Sasoglu.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Evelyn by Umut Sasoglu, shows us how Evelyn, who is married to Brad and has a son and a stable work life, begins to fancy another man, Philip, and eventually begins an affair with him, not because her husband treated her badly but because she gave in to her desires. This is a fiction book that depicts how unquenchable the nature of human desires can be. It shows us how this avid characteristic of ours often leads us to seek more even when we already have what we need, making us ignore the value of what we already have, and often times, this causes more harm than good. This ultimately teaches us that, firstly, we should be aware of this nature of ours and try our possible best to ensure that it does not make us desire things that will affect us negatively. Get this book to find out the irony behind the outcome of Evelyn’s affair.

I really love that although I do not know many places in London, most places mentioned in the book, such as Leicester Square, Mayfair, Oxford Street, Kent Road, and so on, seemed familiar to me as they are the cities in the monopoly game I enjoy playing. I’m equally smitten by the meticulous way most things were stated. Worthy of mention is also the fact that the heading of each chapter was not a spoiler for the entire chapter because you could never really tell all that would transpire without reading the entire chapter.

I dislike the fact that the storyline did not naturally flow until Chapter Nine. It was almost as if the pause button was pushed after each chapter to show me an aspect almost entirely different from the previous chapter. I would rate the book five out of five stars because my dislike for the book was overshadowed by the perfect build of romantic elements in the book. Also, the dilemma Evelyn had and her struggle with her affair were portrayed perfectly.

The book was professionally edited, but I found three errors in it. I recommend this book generally to adults at least 18 years of age, especially those who are married and love romance books.

Evelyn
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Shawna Green 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shawna Green 1 »

I don't like cheating and even though Evelyn was going through her circumstances, I think the writer could have portraits her in a more responsible being, the book seem well put. I like the romance but I wish the writer put it in a different perspective where Evelyn wasn't a cheat.
Shawna Green 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shawna Green 1 »

:techie-studyinggray: :techie-studyinggray:
Last edited by Shawna Green 1 on 13 Apr 2024, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”