Review of Uncharted Desires

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Crimeline Hollywood by Thomas Collins
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 46%

Review of Uncharted Desires

Post by Laney K »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Uncharted Desires" by Jillian Sharp.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Kat is a backup musician for Weston Monroe. Weston recently announced that he was going to retire from the music industry. Kat is furious about this announcement as it leaves her out of a job, and she found out via social media instead of being told by Weston. Kat and Weston also have unresolved feelings and a great deal of tension between them. The whole band is on a ship together, celebrating the end of Weston's final tour, when Kat and Weston find themselves overboard in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Will the pair survive their plunge into the ocean? What will happen when their feelings for each other are revealed? All the answers lie inside the pages of Uncharted Desires by Jillian Sharp.

The plot of this book goes beyond the scope of a mere romance. The book dives into a survival story as Weston and Kat fight to make it out of the ocean and back to civilization. Thirst, starvation, wildlife, and other dangers lurk at every corner as they try to make the best of their situation. Seeing Kat use teachings from her grandmother about medicinal herbs and connecting them back to her Native American culture was such a cool moment because it demonstrated the wisdom that can be found in learning about one's culture as well as the power of the natural world.

Additionally, the characters were extremely well-written. Weston faced immense pressure from being in the public eye from a young age as the son of a rock star. He wanted to be his own person; however, that seemed impossible due to the demands of labels, fans, and his own family. Kat's musical prowess and fierce determination to have her voice heard made her a compelling protagonist. Tossing these two strong-willed characters into a life-or-death situation was like pouring gas onto a fire as their best and worst traits came to the surface.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and have no dislikes. I have no reason not to give it a perfect score. The book was well-edited; I believe that it was professionally edited. Due to the profanity and sexual content, this book is only suitable for mature readers. Fans of romance and survival stories would enjoy this book.

Uncharted Desires
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

Romance and thriller! A unique combination, as unique as its bold and colorful cover. I really like how you narrate this book, making me curious about how they eventually express their feelings. Thank you for writing this, what a great review!
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Ezeh Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Ezeh Glory »

Judging from this review I really can’t wait to read this as I can sense a lot of sexual tension and that’s one thing I enjoy the most when reading romance novels. Thank you for the great review
Anaïs Quesson
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Song of Achilles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-s-quesson.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Anaïs Quesson »

This book sounds really different from other romance stories I might have read! I'm highly intrigued. The cover is also extremely pretty and makes me want to read it even more haha.
Congratulations on this well-thought review, Laney!
Anaïs - she/her

"No nightingales. You idiot. We could have been... us."

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”