Official Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to ...

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Monica Okal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to ...

Post by Monica Okal »

This is a superb review that motivates me to read the book. By reading your review I felt Lilly's pain for being ripped off her mother's hand to be sold, this really touched me. I can imagine the pain of separating a child from the mother and this reminds me of some slavery stories in African histories. This must be an interesting book with an exception of the change in ascent that can be mind-numbing
Kinza Farooq K
Favorite Book: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Kinza Farooq K »

The prodigy slave : journey to winter garden is one of the the best love story .there is talk about getting pleasure after a long suffer time .Lilly who is the main character of the story is well described by the author Londyn sky .The most interesting thing is that the lily is not shown like a very pity full , pathetic and deserving personality.The recognition of her ability to play a piano is the great invention of the author.The support full a loving personality of jammed make the story interesting.But at some extent I would also would to like to talk a little bit about the dialogues, I think there is some rotation existed in the dialogues of lily and James.But overall I enjoyed it best. .love story is described amazing. The struggle of author is clearly expressed in this novel
Ezeoje_1
Currently Reading:

Post by Ezeoje_1 »

At first sight, I loved the book. And I will be paying attention to every detail in it.
Karabo Shakwane
Currently Reading: What Is Wrong With Me?

Post by Karabo Shakwane »

This review is really interesting. It makes me want to read the book even more.
Although it's not the kind of genre I would go for, I am really willing to try it out - it seems to be a good one.
Charlize Venter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlize-venter.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Charlize Venter »

Well written and well planned book. The boo has many positive aspects: strong storyline, good vocabulary, congruent tone, audible author's voice, many hooks, and the like.

Unfortunately, it just wasn't for me. Yet, this definitely doesn't mean others will not enjoy it!
Jabulani Stephen 1

Post by Jabulani Stephen 1 »

I love the tittle of this book, it encourage me to read it and want to know what does it talking about. And I also love historical romance.
Elendu Ekechukwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

I don't see how accent switching affected the story
NKUNZINGOMA G

Post by NKUNZINGOMA G »

Ooooo! That's greater! It's good story talking about a slave girl who falled in love with James. She was good girl to be loved. That's amazing story to hear. Thanks for this.
NKUNZINGOMA G

Post by NKUNZINGOMA G »

Again and again ! This is a great story to hear. It's all about a slave girl who falled in love, and she was a good girl to be loved. This was the one way she passed for her survive and get into good dream.
evraealtana
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Signature of All Things
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evraealtana.html
Latest Review: Never Teach A Pig to Sing. It is a waste of Time by Freida Atwood

Post by evraealtana »

I do really like historical fiction, and this is exactly my era of choice, but to be honest this book didn't really appeal to me at all. Congratulations, though, on Book of the Day (and Month), and thank you for your review!
Mel O
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Mel O »

Honestly a great novel showing the closeness and love of two people of different races. Based on how the novel was written, it was written in accordance to the early eighteenth century where love between two different races was scarce or uncommon and where the issue of slavery was still in existence. So this novel has paved a way to show how things in the earlier century worked including the occurrence of romance.
Ndagire Hassifah 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah-1.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Ndagire Hassifah 1 »

Romantic historical book full of adventure and hope. Sounds interesting. I will definitely try this book. Thanks for the review.
Katende Warda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-achomo.html
Latest Review: Ku-Pok's Morning Calm by Dr. David Maloney

Post by Katende Warda »

The beautiful review touches a sensitive subject of slavery and how a child is torn from its mother to start a new life elsewhere. The gift of playing the piano attracts the attention of the master's son, creating opportunity for Lily to find love and experience what she only dreamt about before. With a new status in society, she has a chance to find her long lost mother.

It is a beautiful story that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend friends to read and I look forward to reading the book. Thank you
ChampagneSon
Currently Reading: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit?
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-champagneson.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by ChampagneSon »

Not a huge fan of romance novels but this review made me want to give them a chance. not a book I would read in one sitting but a book I would enjoy reading in installments. Thank you for the Awesome review
Teuku Syaifullah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Teuku Syaifullah »

Romantic historical combined with the adventures make it interested, success to playing your emotion

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”