Official Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
austinaustin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Official Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife

Post by austinaustin »

It must have been perplexing for her to see job still faithful when he lost everything he had.
She appears never to have had a faith.
to begin with. As opposed to job. Who had a strong faith from his youth.
To loose not one but all your children.... would really push faith....... . I wonder about her thoughts ..... Job keeps his faith and in the end, becomes twice as successful... More confusion for her?
This is a book that gives an interesting perspective , on which to look at an age old story.
Juby Lyn Delos Santos
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Juby Lyn Delos Santos »

I am still reading it, but i love it. This story is comes from the bible. If will you read the whole story and try to understand it you can relate it to real life. I love how they elaborate it very well. This deserves 4 stars, this really catch my attention.
Kganetso kganetso

Post by Kganetso kganetso »

Either you are a Christian or not you may like or love this book. It speaks of the hardship a of Job's wife went through.the tribulations she went through and the testing of her .No matter what she went through even losing her ten children .Its like in the reality of now no matter what you are going through as long as you have god you can go through anything.that is the reason the book is explaining the hardships of Job's wife and the hardships she went through.
faiza arif
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faiza-arif.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by faiza arif »

‘The legacy of Jobs wife’ is a story of a woman’s journey to find God. The novel is a marvellous writing with a series of questions that may occur to anyone’s mind during their journey to find their true creator. The life long story starts with birth and concludes on journey to find the real cause of birth. While reading the story one may come across a lot of characters that you may find around you. People who introduce themselves as friends then turn to be a hypocrites, but this is the trick Almighty has decided to make us familiar with the world. The male character is the best reflection of a believer, who have suffered the most still his faith in God is unmatched.
From the first introduction of Job’s character till his last breath he is the one having complete faith in God. The reason of sacrifice, the selfless help to those who needs you and the reason to accept Gods will are best seen in his character. Two opposite people with different believes came together to complete a faith.
Words with deep meaning are opposite statements add various directions in readers mind. The power to reason and the power of faith is the baseline for this novel. While reading thought the lines I recalled the story of Prophet Yaqoob (A.S) and his undeniable faith in God. All in all it’s a story worth reading and remembering.
The poetic lyrics and the in-depth meaning remains a mystery unless you reach the end of the writing. Lines and language are a bit difficult at first however, with quite some practice and repeated efforts they began to make sense. It’s difficult to hold reading until the novel reaches its climax. However, once on climax it’s difficult to resist reading more.
Fatima John
Currently Reading:
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Fatima John »

Review of the book ""The Legacy of Job’s Wife""
The Author Cynthia Koelker did a wonderful job on her book The Legacy of Job’s wife, she made the book of Job in the Bible comes alive. I will also termed this book as “The Memoirs of a Mourning Mother”. For me personally, it has been a stark reminder that I have a little control over what happens in my life. The only thing I have to say is how I choose to respond to what happens to me, my loved ones and the world around me. The same is true for Job’s wife. I cannot blame her for her actions and responses to her situation. Ultimately, our response is our responsibility, and at the end of the day, we choose the way we act.
Ix’ises had a wonderful life growing up in a lovely family in the Southern lands of Uz, with Job growing up alongside her with both families (her’s and Job’s ) having strong bond with parents, siblings and friends. She had all the best that life could ever give. She grew up finding love, even when they were separated for a while, they came back together and she married the man of her dreams. The author has a style of writing that keeps one in suspense .. waiting for … oh.. what going to happen next? This book is not only about Job or Ix’ises, it also focuses on family ties, who rally around for each other in the midst of life’s challenges. It also brings out trust in two people, finding love and living up to their dreams.
Let’s take a quick look at what Job’s wife (Ix’ises) Don’t think for a minute that Job’s wife doesn’t have something to teach us when things take a turn for worse. She totally does. Before I talk about Job’s wife, I took a brief study on Job (her husband). We do know that Job and his family were strikingly rich; owning over a thousand livestock of various types and had numerous servants as he is noted as being the greatest among all the people of the East (Job 1:3). Job’s wife (Ix’ises) gave birth to seven sons and three daughters(Job 1:2). She is the only wife of Job. Job is also noted to be a man of perfect integrity who feared God and turned away from evil (Job 1:1).
One day, life dealt a blow on Job’s family and he lost everything in one day, I mean everything he has labored for under the sun … Oh! What a tragedy... So, how do we respond when it feels like our world is crashing down on us? Wait… pause and think about this for a minute! Do we hope for a turn around in this kind of situation or curse God and place the blame on him? That was what Job’s wife did because she blamed God for the misfortune that came upon them. She watched Job suffered … her strength failed her and she could not help it.
What I learned is that Job’s wife (Ix’ises) suffered like Job did. She lost all her children in one day. She lost her beloved husband to a relentless disease and she was forced to watch him suffer in constant pain. She asked this question… “Are you still holding fast your integrity? Curse God and die”. Now we cannot hear the tone of her voice, we cannot see her facial expression … All we got are her words … Have you ever watched a loved one suffer from incurable sickness like cancer? You are in pain too, because it is hard to see a loved one hurt so much for so long. Maybe inside you, you pray for that person’s death so that they suffer no more. Is it possible that this is what Job’s wife was saying? She was hurting…, she was suffering…. She was frustrated, she could do nothing to help her husband. Perhaps, she said gently, Job, your integrity doesn’t seem to be doing you much good. Please, break your integrity so that you can fall asleep in death and escape this suffering… it is killing me to see you like this... in the midst of adversity, her strength failed… she lost faith in God. But Job in the midst of his suffering still trust God for a turn around for good… and God did turn around his situation. So I ask this question, whom do you choose to trust when things don’t go for you as you expected?
I really like this book for sure because it portrays an unwavering faith in God. God is indeed a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Job’s faith in God was very strong despite his challenges but Ix’ises faith failed.
Sobina Baby

Post by Sobina Baby »

Have you ever thought of a situation where you have no hope for the future? Of course, there will be a lot of people who will say, “Everything will be okay. Just pray to God.” But what if we have no faith in God himself? Cynthia J. Koelker’s The Legacy of Job’s Wife is a work that explores complex themes of faith and spirituality in human life.

Through the portrayal of the life of Ix’ises ( titular character in the novel), the author attempts to answer an unresolvable question, which is still relevant in the postmodern era: Does God exist or not?

The novel starts with a beautiful description of Job’s and Ix’ises’s unimaginable first acquaintance. As the novel progresses, the readers are introduced to their lovely families, picturesque countryside, and a world of varied arts and cultures. Ix’ises had a life filled with fortunes—indeed, a life beyond her expectations! But where did she lose every fortune of her life? Let us find out from the novel itself.

By depicting the life of the protagonist from her infanthood to late adulthood, Cynthia J. Koelker offers a realistic illustration of a woman’s development in the mental, physical, and emotional realms. Besides, the novel also discusses the role of education and the need to foster one’s talents.

While going through a period of existential crisis, this work can suggest proper ways to deal with unexpected situations in our lives. This is a book that can be enjoyed by everyone, and it would be more relatable to female readers as it delves into the inner psyche of female experiences.
The language and structure of the novel are quite simple and comprehensible for everyone. The style of writing is very engaging, with interesting twists and turns in the plot. I will give it 5 out of 5 stars as the book gives a wonderful reading experience.

Errors I found in the novel
• Page number 11, Second Paragraph
“When we stopped at the northern oasis a crowd had gathered ….”
No comma between ‘oasis’ and ‘a crowd’
• Page number 17, first line
“ a woman must know, and many boys Job’s age …”
No ‘of’ between ‘boys’ and ‘Job’s age’
• Page number 62, third line
“A group of men my father’s age reclined at one end,..”
No ‘of’ between ‘men’ and ‘my father’s age’
• Page number 94, line before last paragraph
“No rules, my dear, for you. Find you own way, listen with your heart.”