Official Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
John Arun Kumar
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-arun-kumar.html
Latest Review: Sophistries of Summer Days by Jenny Lofters

Re: Official Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife

Post by John Arun Kumar »

This is a fiction based on the biblical character Job's wife. Cynthia Koelker seems to have creatively blended together her fiction and the biblical narrative of Job. I would like to read this interesting take on Job's wife. You have written the review so well. Congratulations on the BOTD!
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

The book seems interesting. I would love to know more about Job and his wife love story. Wonderful review. Congrats on the BOTD.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

The story of Job from the Bible is one of my many favorites, but I had never considered his wife’s side of the story, and now I get to see what it must have felt like for her.
Omobolanle Shittu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-shittu.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Omobolanle Shittu »

A different perspective on the biblical story of the trials of Job. View from his wife's perspective, her struggles, her faith. This story is one I'd like to read. A Christian romance story. Thank you for the review.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

"The Legacy of Job's Wife" by Cynthia Koelker is a Christian fiction story. The author tries to understand Job's wife's urge to ask Job to curse his God. Job and his wife Ix'ises grew up together but they did not share the same faith. This story matches up with the Biblical account. Tragedy took away her children and as a result she wanted Job to curse his God. Very good review.
Pauline Parnell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Beyond the Clouds, the Sky is Blue
Bookshelf Size: 517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauline-parnell.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Pauline Parnell »

The Legacy of Job's Wife is a romance novel depicting the relationship between Job and his wife. It also points to God's relationship with man and how man tries to understand God. Thanks for your review.
Christina K Wagner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinawagner76.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Thomas Alfie

Post by Christina K Wagner »

This story definitely sounds to be unique. I wonder how the storyline will play out with so much religious influence in it. While I am very intrigued by the out of the box creativity the author gave to the book, I am hesitant to read it this book because of the heavy biblical influence.
Wilkister Inzai Avagalwa
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wilkister-inzai-avagalwa.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Wilkister Inzai Avagalwa »

I have read about the story of Job in the Bible, but I didn't know much about his wife until I read this review. I bet The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker is the kind of book I would love to read. I don't mind giving it a shot. Congratulations on the BOTD.
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 260
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

This book is quite interesting. I don't think I'll read it though. But, thanks for the review.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

Immediately I saw the title of this book, I was intrigued and after reading the review on it, I must say that I want to read this book. I want to see how the author presents job's wife. Congratulations to the author on winning book of the day.
Rxynx
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Soul Seeker
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rxynx.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by Rxynx »

Silly me misinterpreted the title by thinking the book was referring to the wife of Steve Jobs. I recently began trying to read the Bible, and many names get stated without much development of who they are. I admire how Cynthia Koelker aims to expand on the original story by writing a creative story about Job’s wife. Such a perspective from another point of view makes me think of Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire. It is interesting to look into a story closely through the eyes of another perspective as opposed to the usual main point of view.
Abu_Aisha1
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abu-aisha1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Abu_Aisha1 »

Today's book of the day is an amazing publication that fictionalized a common Biblical story of Job and his Wife. The author told the story from an uncommon perspective and that makes the story quite interesting. Congrats on #BOTD.
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by MMcB »

I must admit that I never gave much thought to Job’s wife. I had a difficult enough time trying to figure out the meaning behind Job’s story. However, his wife was made to suffer right along with him. It seems they grew up together and were destined for one another from her birth — which he attended at the age of five!
Time passed and they became best friends and their families were very close in life and in business with the caravans.
The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker starts out in a very intriguing manner and as the story unfolds I imagine, from just the sample chapters, the book could hold interest throughout the entire story of Job’s Wife.
Raggedy Grace Anne Trono
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raggedy-grace-anne-trono.html
Latest Review: A Walk in the Twilight by John J Bosco Jr.

Post by Raggedy Grace Anne Trono »

I'm not really religious person and the characters inside the Bible is unfamiliar to me. Although I know some, still I'm not sure if Jacob's wife in this book really exists in the Bible. I'm also curious why did she lost her ten child as written in the review. Anyway, I'm not familiar with the events in the Bible but I'm still curious about the content of this book.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 676
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

A blend of Christian fiction and charming romance sounds interesting. But, I'm not a fan of this particular genre. As much as I'd like to see how the author presented the story explaining the Legacy of Job's wife, I don't think it'll pick much of my interest. Sorry. I'll skip the book.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”