Eyes of a young child

Discuss the October 2013 book of the month "The Boy who Lived with Ghosts" by John Mitchell.
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Eyes of a young child

Post by abstactlemon »

I think it was an interesting take on a memoir, to narrate it through the eyes of a child. It's something I really haven't seen elsewhere. The voice also evolves as John gets older which I really liked. But what did you think about that?
it is what it is ....
Christina Puttre
Currently Reading: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-puttre.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Christina Puttre »

I think it was great that the book was written through the eyes of a child. Even though the boy didn’t understand the things going on around him as they really were many times, we as the reader through life experience knew. I did feel plenty of times that this boy had a lot more understanding and knowledge in things than a boy his age would. I also felt his viewpoint and opinion of things were often more mature or advanced than that of a boy his age. I do wonder if that has to do with the way things were during the years the book takes place in.
BenjaminFrank
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benjaminfrank.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by BenjaminFrank »

It takes an exceptional writer to pen such an interesting story through the eyes of a child. The eyes are obviously windows to the soul, the growth phase of John gives more flesh to the story and even makes each page a new discovery.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Return to “"The Boy who Lived with Ghosts" by John Mitchell”