Do You Blog?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
katrinatienza
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by katrinatienza »

my blog is pretty much an online version of my poetry collection.
even though I have my blog, I don't make it public not to hurt my book sales ... some of the poems overlap ;)
Pappy

Post by Pappy »

I just started my guitar blog last night.

If there are any players out there (or anyone who just wants to see it) head on over to (mod note: link removed) to check it out. If you like it or know someone who might, feel free to recommend it. I'd like to see just how big it can get.
muzammal

Post by muzammal »

I blog about seo techniques. My blog is in my signatures. I'm an SEO experts and love to share tips with webmasters via my blog.
sharon.gmc

Post by sharon.gmc »

I have created a blog site but have not posted any. . . hope to post soon. . . it will all be about books and movies. . ..
mchelle

Post by mchelle »

I blog a lot! I have 10 websites now, some get lots of attention (my one site gets 30,000 hits a month!) others I neglect a bit because it is hard to keep up with that many! I think it does help though to be writing all the time like I do on my blogs!
jingwen

Post by jingwen »

ePathChina Electronics Blog and Cellphone-China.com Blog are our company blog.
I only submit it to other article websites.
flashgordon

Post by flashgordon »

AlwisPeterP

Post by AlwisPeterP »

Hey buddies :)

I too have blogs, but I used most of them to promote my business :)

Is that bad? I feel 'NO' :)

I have got lot of visitors by having blogs, it is really amazing

cheers,
Alwis
ellemichele
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellemichele.html

Post by ellemichele »

I know this is an out of date post, but I'm hoping for some advice. I'm a member of HubPages: http://ellemichele.hubpages.com/. I have difficulty a lot of the time coming up with topics to write about. I try and write about life experiences, but I'm not sure they're relevant to the general public. Do you blog? What to you write about?
Braktooth
Currently Reading: I'm Tired Of Racism
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-braktooth.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Post by Braktooth »

I don't blog. I probably should, but I haven't taken the time to sort out which of the many topics I think about I'd write about, or the tone, or how serious I want to be about it. Hmm. Just writing this is making me think I have to be more serious about it. It might help my discipline, if nothing else.

So now, I need a provider. Hmm.
dramaquill

Post by dramaquill »

I've been blogging about writing since October 2007 at Wordpress. I enjoy sharing things I've learned along the way and also discussing the craft of writing with others. I also enjoy meeting new followers and checking out their blogs as well.
Cstansell2199
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cstansell2199.html

Post by Cstansell2199 »

ellemichele wrote:I know this is an out of date post, but I'm hoping for some advice. I'm a member of HubPages: I have difficulty a lot of the time coming up with topics to write about. I try and write about life experiences, but I'm not sure they're relevant to the general public. Do you blog? What to you write about?
Have you visited the ProBlogger website? They typically have daily or weekly topics that they'll suggest. WordPress also has a daily blog challenge. Not all of them will relate directly to a topic you want most likely, but they might get the idea juices flowing!

I had a personal finance blog a while back. I just couldn't keep it going. I barely have time to read as much as I want, so writing on top of it takes extreme effort. Plus, it seems like everybody has a blog now days. It's so hard to come up with original content. Seems more like everybody is just regurgitating the same information over and over again.
donaldwolford
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donaldwolford.html

Post by donaldwolford »

Yes I blog. It's essential for any beginning writer.
CataclysmicKnight
Favorite Book: Ready Player One
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1693
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cataclysmicknight.html
Latest Review: Simple Man Simple Message by Mark Dobosz

Post by CataclysmicKnight »

I used to blog doing indie (unpublished) game reviews with a Blogger blog (love Blogger!). Haven't touched it in a long time though since my laptop became useless... It's insanely hard (although possible) to blog from an iPhone!
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

I used to blog, but literally no one read it, so I stopped. It was quite a waste of my time.

Return to “Writing Discussion”