Do You Blog?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
parsnipsandparsimony
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Do You Blog?

Post by parsnipsandparsimony »

Yes, I have a blog and a YouTube vlog. I started out by blogging about food, recipes and money saving ideas, but I really enjoy reading books. So, part of my blog turned into book reviews. My family and I also visit the library ALL the time so on my vlog, I'm always sharing with my watchers what books I like and which ones I don't.
Last edited by Gravy on 09 Sep 2015, 21:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: poster mentions their website
TangledinText
Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookfix-blog.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Post by TangledinText »

I started last year (mod note: link removed)
CJBrightley
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjbrightley.html

Post by CJBrightley »

I blog on my website. I write about books I'm reading, my own works in progress and new releases, and some general life stuff (very much in moderation). Recently I've been able to share fan art that a fan made of my characters, which was REALLY exciting! I can't draw my way out of a wet paper bag, so seeing how someone else imagined my characters was pretty cool.

I blog because I'm a writer, so I write. My writing isn't always part of one of my works in progress, so it's nice to have a place to put some of those opinions and ideas. However, since my blog is part of my author website, it is geared toward writing/media/literary topics more than a personal blog would be.
Ursula_Minor
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ursula-minor.html
Latest Review: "The Hidden Planet" by Rob Chicken

Post by Ursula_Minor »

I do! I write semi-regularly about my job. It helps me keep a record of strategies that have failed, worked, or need revision.
callsign: unknown
Latest Review: "The Hidden Planet" by Rob Chicken
Mayrobbie

Post by Mayrobbie »

I blog a great deal, but I'm still getting into the habit of it. It has helped motivate me to write reviews share my writing in general.
Krystle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38">Hollow City</a>
Currently Reading: The Drowning Pool
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krystle.html

Post by Krystle »

*waves*

I've just moved here from another blog, so I'm still in the process of sprucing it up!
Last edited by gali on 16 Oct 2015, 02:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: poster mentions their website
Kenpy
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenpy.html

Post by Kenpy »

I have a WordPress, mostly for game reviews and charting my progress learning Japanese by playing games. I haven't updated it in ages, though, really should get back to it.
Ramona
Favorite Author: Too many...
Currently Reading: Burn Zones
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ramona.html
Latest Review: "My Life In The Dirt: Adventures Of A Suburban Organic Farmer" by J. Don Bell
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Ramona »

Ramona wrote:I don't have a blog, but I'd like to. Just wondering about the time it would take... and if I'd run into a lot of writer's block if it were on a daily basis.
UPDATE:
I started a blog in October and have submitted to it only three times (about two weeks apart) because we've been busy with many things. We are snow birds and now that we are in the south for the winter, I wanted to get a pattern of regular submissions started-- at least once or twice a week. I went to the blog and no longer can I find a way to submit new posts to it. Even though I sign in, it's like I'm observing it by a reader instead of the writer of the blog! I've tried for two days now to figure it out. I've written to the site (where it gives a chance to write to them if one is having issues with the functionality of the blog) but so far I've heard nothing in reply.

My blog is titled ***** and my purpose is (WAS!!!) to write "a little of this and a little of that based on how my memories may apply to current life. Memos are musings that can lend to thoughts about music, art, literature, education, sewing, crocheting, growing up on a small farm, visiting the big city, family, God and more... and not necessarily in that order! One never knows what will turn up, but there will be thoughts about many things wherever my musings may take us."

I have another writing already to submit and was so excited to do so!!! Well, I'm not quite ready to give up yet! I may have to cancel that blog and start a new account, which I really don't want to do, but we'll see what happens in the next day or so.

NEW UPDATE!!!
I went back to the blog site again after supper tonight and I solved the problem!!! YAY!! I have several email addresses and somehow(!!)I had signed into the blog with the wrong email address!!!! :shock: New post is now submitted!! :D
Last edited by gali on 09 Dec 2015, 00:09, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Self-promoting. Poster mentions her website.
Numbers 6:24-26 The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.
Latest Review: "My Life In The Dirt: Adventures Of A Suburban Organic Farmer" by J. Don Bell
Renee Bella
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3565">City of Lost Souls</a>
Currently Reading: Torn
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-bella.html
Latest Review: "Evarance - Rise of the Shadows" by Bonnie M. Clark

Post by Renee Bella »

I do! I have a blog at (removed by mod) but I actually feel like it's more of an online portfolio than a blog. I love being able to share my work with others and I would love for some of you to take a look :)
Last edited by gali on 16 May 2016, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Self-promoting. Poster mentions her website.
Write your own destiny...
Latest Review: "Evarance - Rise of the Shadows" by Bonnie M. Clark
MarteenReadsBooks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... vergent</a>
Currently Reading: The Female of the Species
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marteenreadsbooks.html

Post by MarteenReadsBooks »

I blog because I love expressing my thoughts. I like to put my blog as that outlet because I'd easily connect to others who feel the same about a subject.
crystalr
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crystalr.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Post by crystalr »

I do blog. I write, as of right now, for a class, but I might integrate it into my every day life. I'm becoming a teacher, so a lot of my posts are about education and integrating certain topics into our education.

Anyone that is interested, feel free to take a look!
I'm on Blogger,
Last edited by gali on 19 Oct 2016, 06:58, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Poster mentions her website.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Zohaib01
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zohaib01.html

Post by Zohaib01 »

Yes I post about travel and philosophy mostly tryin to do more reviews now
Last edited by gali on 19 Oct 2016, 06:58, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Poster mentions her website.
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Post by ebeth »

I've thought about posting a blog for bookworms but I have a hard time finding the time to even start one.
hayisa
Currently Reading: Get a Financial Life
Bookshelf Size: 70

Post by hayisa »

Not yet, but I'm planning to. For my poems and anything related to writing.
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 604
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

Blogging is something I want to do for a while now. I just don't know where to start. Any advise please?

Return to “Writing Discussion”