Do You Blog?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
CataclysmicKnight
Favorite Book: Ready Player One
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1693
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cataclysmicknight.html
Latest Review: Simple Man Simple Message by Mark Dobosz

Re: Do You Blog?

Post by CataclysmicKnight »

ALynnPowers wrote:I used to blog, but literally no one read it, so I stopped. It was quite a waste of my time.
Not to toot my own horn (not that you'd hear it way over wherever you are anyway), but I'm pretty good with promotion. If you ever wanna get back into it, I can toss some ideas your way.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

CataclysmicKnight wrote:
ALynnPowers wrote:I used to blog, but literally no one read it, so I stopped. It was quite a waste of my time.
Not to toot my own horn (not that you'd hear it way over wherever you are anyway), but I'm pretty good with promotion. If you ever wanna get back into it, I can toss some ideas your way.
Haha! Thanks, but no thanks! Not for this one! It was kind of a daily journal of what went on in my life as an American moving to Japan. It started off interesting, but then it just got boring, as it was kind of the same thing day after day. Went to work, taught some kids. Blah blah. Not too interesting after all.
VolkodavKO
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by VolkodavKO »

sleepydumpling wrote:Do you blog? If you do, why?
No, I do not. The reason is that that I do not know how to handle blogs, but maybe I will learn it. We'll see.
zeldas_lullaby
Favorite Author: ---------
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3452">The Thorn Birds</a>
Currently Reading: The Last Stonestepper
Bookshelf Size: 79
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Forever Twelve

Post by zeldas_lullaby »

I've had that problem. But with my current blog, I've met someone really nice named Macy--and she just gave me a Liebster award! I'm all atingle. Then someone else contacted me offering to read + review my book! But, yeah, the whole first time I blogged, for like, a year and a half--nothing.

You just never know, I guess. <Shrug.>
sirspray
Favorite Author: Christopher Nolan
Favorite Book: 1984
Currently Reading: Reading plus answers

Post by sirspray »

yes. I have multiple blogs actually, i like to blog about a variety of topics from book reviews to my life in general
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Yes, I have a book review blog, I actually took a break from the book club to focus on that for awhile.
mountaingirl8
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mountaingirl8.html
fav_author_id: 2460

Post by mountaingirl8 »

Yes, I do. I have two blogs. The first one is for writing book reviews and discussing how my training is going (I like to run 5Ks and 10Ks). You can check it out here: http://runreadwrite739.wordpress.com

The other blog---and I don't spend much time here--is for showing people how to save money and organize their home on a shoestring budget. Recipes also are featured, when I get around to it lol. http://www.redneckfrugality739.wordpress.com

Both are a labor of love, but I'm spending more time on the reading blog since I'm training more and doing more reading.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

I don't blog. I never saw the purpose in it before, but I am starting to become more interested in it now. My mom and I are trying to start a business. So I have been thinking that a blog could become useful in a situation like that. It might be a while before I get up enough nerve to try a blog though. I have never been one for spending a lot of time on the internet. I am definitely considering the blog though. I also do are, so that is another reason I am considering the blog as well. It would be a good way to promote my paintings and drawings. It would also be a good way to promote the reviews that I write as well.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
BarefootBookworm
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barefootbookworm.html

Post by BarefootBookworm »

I blog to tell a story...and to allow my readers into thoughts and a life that are sometimes very far away. It helped my readers stay connected while I was overseas, and I find consistently helps me process through difficult days and decisions. It provides time to meditate on WHO I am, and WHY that is - catharsis, and art. I wish I had more time to do it!
Still too new to post the link yet, so I'll pop back later and share :-)
sarahlinde
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahlinde.html

Post by sarahlinde »

I blog because it helps me be more motivated to write and also helps me verbally process. I haven't posted about my blog publicly because keeping it sort of secret helps me be more motivated and less cautious about posting. Not that my posts are anything particularly note-worthy but it is something I enjoy doing.
zeldas_lullaby
Favorite Author: ---------
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3452">The Thorn Birds</a>
Currently Reading: The Last Stonestepper
Bookshelf Size: 79
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Forever Twelve

Post by zeldas_lullaby »

I finally got fed up with the idiots who write the advice column in my paper (Annie's Mailbox), so I've finally started a blog in which I criticize their advice.

https://advicegonebad.wordpress.com/
grethel04

Post by grethel04 »

yes blogging for adsense
Nicki18229
Currently Reading: The Pilot's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicki18229.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Nicki18229 »

I do blog as well even tough it been almost year since I posted on it due to lack of mojo! It is not that I do not have anything to write about I have not been motivated but thanks to finding this site I have realized how much I miss it. Here link to my blog. I talk about life stuff, travel, knitting, crocheting, spinning books etc.....

http://www.nickelosworldthoughts.com/
Loki
Currently Reading: Les Miserables
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loki.html

Post by Loki »

Sorta kinda? I used to have a book review blog, now it's more along the lines of "whatever I feel like posting about" blog, haha! If it can even be called a blog, that is.
awanadance
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-awanadance.html

Post by awanadance »

I have too many blogs. I have a secret, private blog that only I can read (that serves as a journal), a blog that I use to post things for family and friends to see (like when I studied abroad in Italy) and I also have an anonymous blog where I write about my life and ask for advice from others. They all serve different purposes and I love all three of them for how they help me get through life as a crazy, anxiety-ridden writer.

Return to “Writing Discussion”