What's your favorite genre?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Phoebe Felix
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phoebe-felix.html
Latest Review: Dark Agendas of Power by Kevin Glenn

Re: What's your favorite genre?

Post by Phoebe Felix »

I would have said romance; it makes my pinkies bubble. But then, I like the adrenaline rush that comes with action and thrillers. The anxiety and anticipation can't be found on Amazon. I can consume a truckload of thrillers and still beg for more.
Sameeha Ismail
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Jane Austen at Home
Bookshelf Size: 230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sameeha-ismail.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Sameeha Ismail »

I began my reading journey with fantasy bools. So, my favorite genre is fantasy. I am also interested in romance, mythology, and mystery.
One book, printed in the heart's own wax Is worth a thousand in the stacks.
Zelluloza_1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Zelluloza_1 »

I prefer novels because it is there that I can feel the main characters 100%
Patel Khushi Manishbhai
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Markus Zusak
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: To the Lighthouse
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patel-khushi-manishbhai.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke
fav_author_id: 2540

Post by Patel Khushi Manishbhai »

"Write a book that wants to bewritten. And if it is too hard for adults, then write it for children."
- [Guess the author without searching.]

Children's books. They are simple and fun to read. I have my shelves (physical) filled with Dahl and Dr. Seuss. The best thing I like about them? They don't make sense. There is no need for logic and laws os physics.
Ni_weh_sesh62
Chockanathan G
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chockanathan-g.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by Chockanathan G »

My favourite genre is non-fiction books. Because I want to increase my level.
Simon Romero 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Simon Romero 1 »

I loved The Lost Ways Book
The book "The Book of Lost Paths" is not only a literary work but also a profound work about the past, where traditional values and life skills have been forgotten. Written by talented author Claude Davis, this book not only gives readers knowledge but also gives a deep understanding of how to exist and survive in difficult conditions.

With realistic and detailed writing, "The Lost Ways" takes us back to a time when people had to be spontaneous and creative to survive. The author not only shares tips on preserving food and water but also emphasizes the importance of community integration and traditional craft skills.

For those who love adventure and wish to learn about the possibilities of living things, this book is an endless source of inspiration. I am especially impressed with the way "The Lost Ways" connects the past and present, helps us reconsider the value of traditional skills, and awakens awareness of the importance of autonomy and solidarity. The book is not only a guide but also an adventure in finding documents in a difficult context.
Aroona Kashif
Favorite Author: Ana Huang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aroona-kashif.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut
fav_author_id: 32219

Post by Aroona Kashif »

I love writing rom coms or murder mysteries - two very different things but I enjoy the new perspectives!
all’s fair in love and poetry
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

My favorite genre is non fiction,I like intriguing stories of realistic world.this motivates me to do some research.
Ludovica Peruzzi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

Definitely fantasy/magical realism. i can't really write anything set in real life, or rather, I have no interest in it. But the possibilities of a magical world either completely foreign to or hidden in our own fascinate me.

Return to “Writing Discussion”