Do you write in paper anymore????

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
lunablue_x3
Currently Reading: Phenomenology of Perception
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunablue-x3.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Re: Do you write in paper anymore????

Post by lunablue_x3 »

I complete several drafts in longhand before entering everything into the computer. Once I arrive at the computer stage, I find I often overwork my stories. Still working to adapt to the computer, as I formerly trained myself to write all my final drafts on an electric typewriter.
mary-annef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-annef.html
Latest Review: Child of the Sun Complete Edition by Michael Van Cleve

Post by mary-annef »

I use a book for writing exercises at my meetup group. I find it more social in a group context than hiding behind a laptop screen. I love shopping for beautiful books with textured covers and satin ribbon page markers. Occasionally I page through my old notebooks and they're like photo albums reminding me of what was going on at that point in my life.
Amanda Majors
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-majors.html
Latest Review: Mock My Words by Chandra Shekhar

Post by Amanda Majors »

I write my notes and ideas on paper. I find it easier to flip through the pages and do markups and arrows and any other connectors and cues to help me organize my thoughts. I type the stories on the computer. Cut and paste is great and my hands get less tired.
Maya28
Favorite Book: The Bane Chronicles
Currently Reading: Tower of Dawn
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Maya28 »

I do but I have so many notebooks at this point that I often can't keep track.
Art West
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-art-west.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Art West »

I make notes on paper. I do actual writing on the computer. With all of the options including cut & paste and spell check, it is much easier.
Drakka Reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drakka-reader.html
Latest Review: Eternal Bones by Jon State

Post by Drakka Reader »

I don't like to write in paper anymore, especially now that I have access to typing even on my phone. Sometimes, when I write, I cannot tell what I wrote if my handwriting wasn't good enough but in typing I will always know what I meant.
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran

Post by Namaste23 »

I write on paper and chunk by chunk transfer to the computer.
davidvan1973
Favorite Author: Isaac Asimov
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 2547

Post by davidvan1973 »

I'm an IT consultant so I'm on a computer all the time. I've almost never have written on paper previously. My hand writing is not very legible. But I started an online writing course this year and was instructed to write on paper. I liked it. There are definitely benefits
Yearly Joy Besoy
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yearly-joy-besoy.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Yearly Joy Besoy »

Writing in paper for me gives me room to create, revise, and improve. I only encode it in the computer when I am satisfied with the final work.
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

Writing on paper is much more fun than typing it on a computer screen. My thoughts are much clearer when i have paper and pen with me.
Folcro
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Folcro »

Like most people, I've come to acclimate more and more to the digital era, but I'll always begin a story on paper. Paper gives me more control, from writing in the margins, dividing the page how I need to, adding a page for notes. Theoretically, digitalization offers this, but it is far from the same sense if control. And control is how I got into the business of creating and destroying entire worlds.
Samuel Windybank
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-wimbaum.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Samuel Windybank »

I write all my notes on paper. It helps a lot with ideas that come flooding to me because I can write a lot faster than I type. Plus if anyone ever got my notes, my scrawling penmanship will deter plagiarism haha
Triduana
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 263

Post by Triduana »

I do most of my writing on paper. I love sitting down with a notepad and pen. I'll write a whole draft that way, then type the whole thing out. This way I can correct obvious things that jump out at me.
Julie-p
Currently Reading: Demian
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-p.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Julie-p »

I used to love writing in paper when I was younger. But now I feel like typing things in a laptop is so much easier, I even use an app on my phone to make notes.
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I love writing on paper, but recently I've learned to love typing straight into my computer. Since a lot of my writing goes online, I find it extremely easier on myself if I just type it firsthand, instead of writing on paper and going through the tedious process of transferring my entire work into MS word.
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Return to “Writing Discussion”