Favorite time of day to write?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
hayisa
Currently Reading: Get a Financial Life
Bookshelf Size: 70

Re: Favorite time of day to write?

Post by hayisa »

Whenever my mood strikes up. Sometimes, it's evening and a few times, it's morning.
Reiandra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reiandra.html
Latest Review: Always Before Me by John Servant

Post by Reiandra »

I love to write when there is some peace and quiet around me, therefore when the house is free.
Chukwudi Asogwa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Chukwudi Asogwa »

I love to write in the early hours of morning
Matlhodi Nozwayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-matlhodi-nozwayo.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Matlhodi Nozwayo »

My creativity between 3am and 6am is unmatched. I have no idea why but its the best time for everything... meditating, writing, studying, making music, everything.
Etini Willie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-etini-willie.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Etini Willie »

It's really cool to write late in the night around 12am-2am. There is atmospheric calmness and your brain can just focus. At this point, I am at my creative best
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Marsha JJ »

Morning is a great time to write, although I also find that I enjoy a short writing break in the evening as a way to "unwind".
Superglace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-superglace.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Superglace »

During the evening, that's the time I write best.
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

Whenever I see the dawn of a new day, it comes with a fresh mind and thoughts. At this time, I find writing very easy and fast. Also, this is the time I get more inspirations to write meaningful articles.
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

The best time of the day I like to write is during the early hours of the morning. At this time, I tend to get more inspired by more write-ups and make a head way faster. This is also the time when I work with so much pace.
Austin McMichael
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-austin-mcmichael.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by Austin McMichael »

As a book reviewer, my favorite time of day to write is in the morning. I find that my mind is the most clear and focused during the early hours of the day, which allows me to better analyze and evaluate the books I am reviewing. Additionally, the quiet and solitude of the morning allows me to fully immerse myself in the writing process without any distractions. I find that I am more productive in the morning and I can accomplish more in a shorter amount of time. Writing in the morning also sets a positive tone for the rest of the day and gives me a sense of accomplishment early on.
Naghma Qureshi
Currently Reading: The Whole-Brain Child
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naghma-qureshi.html
Latest Review: Odonata The Flying Jewel of Maiden Grass Pond by Barbara Gervais Ciancimino

Post by Naghma Qureshi »

I mostly write at any time of the day. That is because being surrounded by my kids and household chores, I get to writing whenever I get enough time. So there isn't much choice there. But, recently I found a very useful tip. I really can't be my best just about anytime when there is so much distraction around. So, in this tip that I read somewhere, it is suggested to write as soon as you wake up. No more following routines to find that flow state like affirmations, walking, meditation, etc. Sure, they can be really helpful. But in my case, my day starts with serving my family, getting my kids ready for school, etc. Thus, when I try to get up a bit earlier in the morning and just grab my cup of green tea and get down to write with a fresh mind, I gain that state of flow quite organically. And to have that fresh mind on waking up, a small relaxing routine at bedtime the night before helps in clearing the mental residues of the day.
Jason Tooke
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jason-tooke.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Jason Tooke »

I like this question. I have often wondered If others had a favourite time of day for writing. My favourite time to write is between 3 a.m. and 7 a.m. I enjoy getting up while the house is quiet and everyone is dreaming. Then, as I'm writing, the day is slowly waking up. The birds start to sing, and I hear my family stir. Then, around 7, the kids get up, and I'm off to my day.
Flora Posh
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flora-posh.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Flora Posh »

I prefer writing in mid-day to ease my mind.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
LY_Rachel
Currently Reading: 24 Hours at Waterloo
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ly-rachel.html
Latest Review: Tour of Duty by William H. Coles

Post by LY_Rachel »

Occasionally I write in the afternoon, but sometimes inspiration hits me at midnight, which is really annoying since that means I'm writing barely awake and my prose suffers for it. Now that I think of it, it's more like I'm writing a lot at midnight, then fixing it all in the afternoon... probably not very efficient.
Nimra Kiran
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimra-kiran.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Nimra Kiran »

Early in the morning or late at night. No in between! That's because there is so much peace during this time, no one to distract and you are all alone and on your own so your mind can think and focus properly. No interruption please!
"A bear knows seven songs and they are all about honey."

Return to “Writing Discussion”