Favorite part of writing a review?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Re: Favorite part of writing a review?

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 26 May 2020, 13:18 My favorite part about writing a review is putting across my thoughts, critics, and opinions about a book. I don't have anything I hate about the process.
This isn't my favorite part, but it is one of the things that I like with my writing process. I like that I am able to write down all my thoughts and insights even without proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

Amagine wrote: 26 Mar 2017, 14:52 My favorite part of writing a view is being able to give my honest opinion on something and not being forced to lie about how I feel. I'm a hard reader to please and when I don't llike something, I'm very vocal about it. I find it interesting how everyone writes in different styles. I admit I'm one who writes in the "high school" way as one reviewer termed it. That's simply my writing style. I tend to write my stories the same way as well. My reviews are usually very opinionated and sarcastic but I enjoy being able to write the way that I am the most comfortable with.
Yeah, I also like that I am able to be honest about what I think when reviewing instead of trying to sugarcoat my words.
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

Sushan wrote: 18 Jun 2018, 02:28 Everything about review writing is okay except adhering to set of rools always. Anyway rools should be there yet, I feel quite restricted
I feel the same. My fear of making mistakes (mainly comma usage in my case) and thus scoring low editor cards, makes me construct sentences that do not express my true feeling/opinion.
emidio125
Favorite Book: Tortured in Ashram
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emidio125.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by emidio125 »

ALynnPowers wrote: 27 Mar 2015, 05:57 I like getting free books out of it. 8)
I loved your justification
emidio125
Favorite Book: Tortured in Ashram
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emidio125.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by emidio125 »

I like the part that I actually talk about the good aspects of the book, they are more easy and more enjoyable to display.
RavingReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ravingreads.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by RavingReads »

I like giving new authors feedback and appreciating their hard work!
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I enjoy writing a review and expressing my opinion for other readers. I also like that I learned some thing about my writing each time after I submit my review .

The thing I like least about writing the review is that I can never get a perfect score on it because my writing skills are up to par like everyone else . However I am learning to be a better writer
Casey Kowalewsky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-casey-kowalewsky.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by Casey Kowalewsky »

The simplicity is my favorite part. Or maybe reading the book itself (gotta do that first, yay!).
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

The best thing about writing reviews for me is seeing my growth in the way I write. I try to improve every time I get anew opportunity. I really like sharing my personal opinion with others in the reading world... I also appreciate the fact that the books are free....

The least thing I think I like is the frustration I feel when I make smallandsilly mistakes in my writing. But.... Practice makes perfect right?

Return to “Writing Discussion”