Should I blog?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Amystl26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amystl26.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Re: Should I blog?

Post by Amystl26 »

Sarahjaklyn wrote: 05 Jan 2017, 14:28 I think if your even a little tech savvy, blogging is a good way to work on your writing from anywhere
The "little" in tech savvy really rings true! I'm hardly a tech-savvy lady, and actually found starting a blog on Wordpress to be super easy!
Yung Senpai
Favorite Book: Lolita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Yung Senpai »

Think it's a great idea. I set up some blogs ages ago but still haven't posted in them yet.
Pauliny12
Currently Reading: From drift to shift
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauliny12.html
Latest Review: Sigfried's Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Pauliny12 »

I love to blog, it is simply great writing practice and I enjoy sharing common interests with a group such as this. You must update weekly to stay current with your topic and gain new readers. It is fun to combine blogging with marketing links and information and some make an entire career out of SEO content blogging. Loads of possibilities to explore!
Arrigo_Lupori
Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
Currently Reading: A Short History of Nearly Everything
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrigo-lupori.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2566

Post by Arrigo_Lupori »

I have a personal blog and I enjoy it greatly. It provides for a platform to share my personal work on and it allows me to gather experience as I go on. It also allows me to publish my work as soon as I have finished writing and editing it. If any of you is wondering about it, I suggest you try it out.
"The abstract sensation of living a lifestyle that hasn't been fully understood."
- The epitome of taste in living disgrace.
Camille Turner
Currently Reading: Angela's Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille-turner.html
Latest Review: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin: The Sedes Infernum by C.S. Colvin

Post by Camille Turner »

I have started a writing/editing business and without a blog, there's no way we would gain clients. You have to create tons of content to excite people and show them that you're an active writer.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

Blogging really helps me to get some of my thoughts and ideas out there. I tend to keep my blogs short, so it ensures that I actually finish those mini writing projects. :lol: It also helps get me out of blocks at times too.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Writing a blog is your own decison but you have to decide for what you are doing it. If you write just for pleasure, then you write anything you like. But if you want to get traffic and go in a business sort of way, you have to pick up what you should blog and be dedicated for that
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
BookishCoffeeBlog
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcoffeeblog.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by BookishCoffeeBlog »

I absolutely love the blogging community. I have a blog in the bookish niche :techie-reference: and I write reviews, discussions posts, wrap-ups and much more. I think it can be super beneficial. I am a new writer so I like to use every opportunity I can to practice and having a space to do that is so helpful. Blogging communities can also be really supportive which has been amazing to experience first hand. I was not expecting the tight community that book bloggers have and I appreciate it so much every day.
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by PlanetHauth »

I set up a blog a few years ago intending to write about my adventures while living in Japan. I wrote a few posts, got busy with work, and also got a little discouraged because it seemed only my husband was reading them (that I was aware of, anyway). Since joining OBC, I've thought about resurrecting that blog and turning to book reviews, and possibly other writing related posts. Blogging takes work and consistency if you intend to gather a regular audience, so my advice would be to plan out and write several posts before publishing them on your blog, that way you're not struggling to come up with ideas each week (or however frequently you intend to post). That was one of the problems I ran into. I would also keep a running list of ideas for future posts that way you never forget an idea when it pops into your head and so you're, again, not struggling for content.

I think blogging can be seriously beneficial, though. You're working your writing muscles and exercising your creativity. You can never overdo improving your craft.
“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
-Bilbo Baggins
palilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palilogy.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Post by palilogy »

If blogging is something you want to try then you should go for it. You never know and just because one person or even the majority or not recommend it or are against it- that doesn't matter. Carve your own path, learn from trying and doing what you want to do.
hayisa
Currently Reading: Get a Financial Life
Bookshelf Size: 70

Post by hayisa »

Blogging is fun if you truly enjoy the craft, I say go for it if that's what you want. You've already thought up a great niche, try it.
alibaba3003
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by alibaba3003 »

I blog because I love to write, and writing is my passion for acquiring expertise in writing. I have a lot of blogs on blogspot as well as on WordPress.

Have a good day :D :D :D :D :D :D
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

Personally, I think the idea of blogging is becoming outdated as there are lots of places individuals can source information from. Hence, careful consideration of this factor before starting it out is momentous.

Return to “Writing Discussion”