Who will be doing Nanowrimo this year?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Foxglovelullaby
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who will be doing Nanowrimo this year?

Post by Foxglovelullaby »

I would really love to push myself to do it this year. I used to write almost daily and a couple of years back I just dropped it completely. I have so many memories of like sleepovers my friends and I did for the start of NaNoWriMo. I never ended up finishing anything but now that I'm an adult it feels possible.
belpayexchange

Post by belpayexchange »

It had been a good article indeed. I carefully loved studying it within my meal time. Will surely come and visit this blog more often. Thanks for sharing.
usef nahg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usef-nahg.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by usef nahg »

i did it last year and got through it but i decided to not do it this year as my exams are coming up and im very busy :((
Juliet Johnson
Currently Reading: Functional Dysfunction
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-johnson.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (German Edition) by Peter Liptak

Post by Juliet Johnson »

I am ashamed to say I did not write on nanowrimo this year.
human reader

Post by human reader »

I like the idea in theory but trying to make it work while also doing holiday stuff with family ends up being too much.
AngieKea
Favorite Book: Jurassic Park
Currently Reading: Lost World
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angiekea.html
Latest Review: Dark Matter Empire (Book 1) by Alex Zadeh

Post by AngieKea »

I've never written for it before and I'm interested, bit it always seems so daunting. Especially with the projects I want to finish in that month. Maybe I'll try it this year though.
nairukun

Post by nairukun »

AngieKea wrote: 08 Jul 2022, 11:49 I've never written for it before and I'm interested, bit it always seems so daunting. Especially with the projects I want to finish in that month. Maybe I'll try it this year though.
I certainly understand your anxiety, I struggle with it too. One thing that might help is dividing up your projects and setting short but obtainable goals for yourself? Nanowrimo can cause a bit of stage fright, but instead of trying to write an entire novel in a month, why not write a short story? That way, it won't stress you out, and it will be a lot easier to write it down and perfect it :D
Adair McClain
Currently Reading: Madhouse
Bookshelf Size: 258
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adair-lee.html
Latest Review: Freefalling by Eme McAnam

Post by Adair McClain »

I've done NaNo for the passed 5 years, but I've never actually "won". This year I only managed 10k, but it brought me one step closer to the completion of my novel. Progress is progress!
kipro353

Post by kipro353 »

It's great to hear that you've been participating in NaNoWriMo for the past five years and that you made progress on your novel this year, even if you didn't reach the 50,000-word goal. Writing a novel is a challenging and time-consuming task, and it's important to celebrate every step of progress that you make.

It's also important to remember that NaNoWriMo is just one way to approach writing a novel, and it's not the only path to success. The most important thing is to find a writing process that works for you and to persevere even when it gets tough. Whether you're working on a rough draft, revising and editing, or seeking feedback from beta readers, every step you take brings you closer to the completion of your novel.

If you're looking for ways to stay motivated and make progress on your writing goals, here are a few suggestions:

Set specific, achievable goals for each writing session. This can help you stay focused and make progress on your novel in small, manageable increments.

Create a writing schedule and stick to it. Whether it's every day or just a few days a week, make time for writing and treat it as a priority.

Find an accountability partner or join a writing group. Sharing your writing goals with someone else can help you stay motivated and on track.

Take breaks and give yourself permission to step away from your writing when you need to. It's important to take care of yourself and your mental health, and taking breaks can help you return to your writing with fresh perspective and energy.
edenwheeler

Post by edenwheeler »

I absolutely adore the concept and know numerous writers who have embraced it, yet the idea never crossed my mind. Nevertheless, there's no better time than now to give it a try. I should seriously consider it.
reaganob
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reaganob.html
Latest Review: Not Dead Yet by Mark Fletcher

Post by reaganob »

I'm a first-time NaNoWriMo'er and I plan to participate this coming November. I have an idea for a world that I've been slowly building bit by bit, but I'm not sure it'll work out. I'm hoping that the collective challenge and talking to other writers participating in NaNoWriMo will encourage me to write more. There's the mental challenge, and then there's the physical challenge of being a student and juggling classes during the entire month of November. xD

Does anyone have any tips for a newbie, even if it's just encouragement? Haha!
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." Captain Jean-Luc Picard
lizylajra

Post by lizylajra »

I'm definitely planning to participate in NaNoWriMo this year! It's always an exciting and challenging endeavor, and I look forward to the creative journey it offers. Is anyone else here joining in on the writing adventure? Let's encourage each other and share our progress as we embark on this annual writing marathon. Happy writing to all!
Lizzie Mustard
Favorite Book: The Moonstone
Currently Reading: Lessons in Chemistry
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizzie-mustard.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Lizzie Mustard »

Thanks for the reminder about NaNoWriMo. November is just around the corner! Each year I mean to get started, but somehow life gets in the way. Fingers crossed that I actually write something this time around.
Sameeha Ismail
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Jane Austen at Home
Bookshelf Size: 230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sameeha-ismail.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Sameeha Ismail »

I'm doing the NaNoWriMo this year. I don't think I will be able to complete the 50000 word count mark. But half that is achievable and that is what I'm going to do. In December I am finishing the second half.
One book, printed in the heart's own wax Is worth a thousand in the stacks.
Vishal Asrani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vishal-asrani.html
Latest Review: Cancer sucks... by Christiane Constantineau

Post by Vishal Asrani »

That's fantastic to hear that you're diving into the exciting world of NaNoWriMo! It's an exhilarating journey that promises both challenges and triumphs. The most important step is taking that first leap, and even with just an opening line, you're well on your way.

The beauty of NaNoWriMo is that it brings together a diverse community of writers, both seasoned and newcomers, from all corners of the world. The support, motivation, and inspiration you'll find within this global writing event are truly remarkable.

As for joining, you're definitely not alone! Many aspiring writers like yourself are gearing up to tackle the ambitious goal of writing a novel in a month. It's a thrilling ride full of creativity, determination, and, most importantly, the joy of storytelling. So, go ahead and take that leap of faith, and remember that the journey is as valuable as the destination. Happy writing! 📚🖋️

Return to “Writing Discussion”