Who will be doing Nanowrimo this year?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Robert Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-potter.html
Latest Review: Stir of Embers by Christopher Javier Bustamante

Re: Who will be doing Nanowrimo this year?

Post by Robert Potter »

I have never done it before. Frankly, I am a little intimidated. Is it hard?
:tiphat:

Where you can also find me: https://robertthewriter.substack.com
aby johnson
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: A Gentleman in Moscow
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aby-johnson.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers
Reading Device: B07FQ4Q7MB
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by aby johnson »

I really really reallyyy wanted to do NaNoWriMo this year, but I cant cause I have exams coming up. Noooo!!! I will next year most probably. Its in my bucket list. So, you know.
Smile, for better days are yet to come :D
Pureader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pureader.html
Latest Review: Cat Boss by Tayma Tameem

Post by Pureader »

I'm trying for the first time this year. I look forward to it but at the same time, I feel like there is no way I can possibly get to 50k. I fear my brain will run out of words way before that.
Anna-Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-peter.html
Latest Review: Lost Secret of the Ancient Ones by Chris Reynolds

Post by Anna-Peter »

What are the rewards for joining the nanowrimo?
turtleman1878
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-turtleman1878.html
Latest Review: Who Am I, Where Am I, Where Am I Going by Dee

Post by turtleman1878 »

I think that Nanowrimo is a pretty cool site where you can write a novel. What I really like about it the most is that the service is free! I think I might give it a try this year.
Claudia DCD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sorcpenz.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Claudia DCD »

Robert Potter wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 16:22 I have never done it before. Frankly, I am a little intimidated. Is it hard?
Super hard, but that's because writing a book is hard. It's not a full length book, it's almost novella length, 50,000 words. But it's the support system and the hype that can be super motivating. I missed the last one and wonder how the pandemic affects the meet ups nowadays. I really like working beside people, like feeling the energy of everyone concentrating and getting down to business. Check out the website, it'll give you a good idea of what they offer, how they help and what neat things are there to help authors get through it. Has lots of forums just like the Online Book Club.
heather_sidegigz88
Currently Reading: Zona
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by heather_sidegigz88 »

I've said this a couple of years but I think, life-permitting, I might try to crank out at least 50,000 words for NaNoWriMo this year.

I know it's still quite a ways away, but I have this story I've been dreaming up in my head for a few years now (based off an adopted character from the Adoption forums on the NaNoWriMo site). It has actually morphed into multiple books all set in the same universe with different characters from the books making cameos in the other books, but it's not necessarily a series. However the first book is my passion idea for now.
rnbwrhiannon3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rnbwrhiannon3.html

Post by rnbwrhiannon3 »

I'll be participating in Camp NaNoWriMo, starting tomorrow. I'm eager to begin as I have a few ideas kicking around in my mind.
glitterbombxxo
Currently Reading: Not That I Could Tell
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by glitterbombxxo »

Never heard of NaNoWriMo so I will be looking into it this year come November. Thanks for the [soft] introduction! <3
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

I'm working 50+ hours a week, on top of other stuff, so I don't know how much I will accomplish, but I am definitely going to give it another shot again this year... Like years previously.
Mason Garrod
Currently Reading: Uncommon Poems Common People
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mason-garrod.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Mason Garrod »

Me! I did it for the first time last year, and even though I didn't even get close to 50k, I still did much more than I would have managed otherwise. It's definitely a great motivator
Ikram93
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ikram93 »

I have so many ideas yet I can never get any of them on paper. For like the past three years I almost join NaNoWriMo then I just freak out and And up not doing it. Maybe this year I'll actually jump into it.
Adraen MacConnell
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Adraen MacConnell »

I have done Nano for years now. I have to admit, I wrote a lot more back when I was working. It has been harder lately to write at all. Still, I would always recommend people try it if they are interested, no matter how busy they are. Even if you are only setting aside ten minutes a day to write a few hundred words, not getting anywhere near 50k at the end of the month, it is still a wonderful experience.
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

I am looking at my camp project right now, sad that I only managed about 250 words total for this month, but happy that it advanced a short story I have been working on for months that should have already been done by now.
literatureonmymind
Currently Reading: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by literatureonmymind »

Hope you enjoy it! Thanks to you, I'm going to try it too! All the very best! I don't even have a letter of the story in my mind yet, but since it's for everyone, and we all have to start somewhere and try contesting in competitions, we don't have to be worried up about it. Let's do this!

Return to “Writing Discussion”