Who will be doing Nanowrimo this year?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Vlinstry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vlinstry.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Re: Who will be doing Nanowrimo this year?

Post by Vlinstry »

I always attempt NaNo but I usually fail. I have just finished my working season when the time comes around and so, unless I start planning now, my entire month of October is taken up by closing up shop for a year instead of planning - which it really should be. I should start planning throughout the year so that it is much easier but its finding the time while I'm working or trying to work on a plan without actually ending up writing it. That being said, I will continue to try my best. I have won it twice so maybe this year I can make it three times! :)
Isabelleva
Currently Reading: The Fountainhead
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isabelleva.html
Latest Review: Love Hope and Promise by NaylaBurns

Post by Isabelleva »

It’s such a great program I will be doing it again! I will also be trying to do it this summer unofficially!
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by PlanetHauth »

I'll be trying to do NaNoWriMo again this year. I've never sat to plan out my novel before October, and that's part of what's ruined my chances of completing things. This year, I'm actually planning to spend the month of June doing NaNoWriMo style writing since my husband will be away for work and I have no kids, I'll have no distractions but myself. So, this month, I'll be planning out my writing like I should in order to prepare for my writing months.
“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
-Bilbo Baggins
Hannah Mo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-mo.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Hannah Mo »

I will be attempting to use my short story for NaNoWriMo. I just hope to finish it, edit and not be disappointed with how everything holds up. :)
Rhianne
Currently Reading: Small Change
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhianne.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Rhianne »

Won it the year before last, then failed it last year... I guess this is my year to win again! :)
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

I would like to join as well. Is it done by onlinebookclub? How can I join it?
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
elivia05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elivia05.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by elivia05 »

A friend of mine did one last year where she documented her dreams, as opposed to building on one story. It branched out to eight different book ideas. I had considered doing this as well. I think it might be fun to see what my relaxed mind might create.
Yicheng Liu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yicheng-liu.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Yicheng Liu »

Oooh yeah, I've definitely been planning for doing NaNoWriMo this year. It seems only nature since I already have a WIP series I needed finishing.
Yicheng Liu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yicheng-liu.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Yicheng Liu »

To be honest, I find the idea of challenging myself to finish writing 50,000 words in one month to be a concept that is particularly invigorating and i interesting from the perspective of a lazy writer. :)
SongBirdReads
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by SongBirdReads »

I actually prefer NanoWrimo Camp because I write novellas and scripts, and the camp offers more leniency as far as word count and which project you choose to work on.
Kmykel
Favorite Author: Margaret Peterson Haddix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kmykel.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
fav_author_id: 3525

Post by Kmykel »

I usually don't wait for November. The concept is wonderful, but I spend all my time writing anyway. It would be less of a fun writing supersize and more of me just doing what I normally do.

I probably should make an effort to write something new for it, though. I haven't made a new story in a long time. I just keep working on the ones I have.
Sicily Joy
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 906
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sicily-joy.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Sicily Joy »

I am currently doing Camp Nanowrimo. I am working on the 2nd draft of my novel. I do nanowrimo almost every year and will do it again in November. Anyone else currently doing Camp Nanowrimo? It is a great experience for me to dive deep into my fictional world and helps motivate the procrastinator in me.
Sarah Starling
Favorite Author: Alix E. Harrow
Favorite Book: Starling House
Currently Reading: Love and Other Words
Bookshelf Size: 10084
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-starling.html
Latest Review: Cell Biology For Babies by Dr. Haitham Ahmed
fav_author_id: 176795

Post by Sarah Starling »

I always plan to do it, but I've never actually done it. I'll probably do the same this year, if I'm being honest.
BeingTheWriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beingthewriter.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by BeingTheWriter »

elivia05 wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 23:44 A friend of mine did one last year where she documented her dreams, as opposed to building on one story. It branched out to eight different book ideas. I had considered doing this as well. I think it might be fun to see what my relaxed mind might create.
WOW! That is such an incredibly cool idea. Did she write her dreams for all of November?

I would like to do NaNoWriMo! I tried one year and failed (confession - it was during finals time at college). So, now? I'd like to actually. I think I will have to outline though. That's what I didn't do last time.
RGraf
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rgraf.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by RGraf »

I haven't done it in a couple of years. This year I have to pass again. Finishing up my master's and I have to focus on that story

Return to “Writing Discussion”