Getting criticism

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
inkensoul
Bookshelf Size: 0

Getting criticism

Post by inkensoul »

How does one get reviewers to read their books?

I've posted my book in it's entirety at www.inkensoul.com/freetrl.cfm should anyone like to read it.

‘The Rucksack Letters’ is the true story of one man’s journey through the soul of America. Diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder at the age of twenty-nine, Steve McAllister answered the call of Kerouac to take to the road. Writing to an ever-growing number of friends through email, Steve shared his innermost thoughts and his rousing adventures of hitchhiking, train-hopping, and visiting an assorted array of places and characters. A year and a half and twenty-six states later, Steve found himself in Los Angeles to begin a new chapter. At a time when America is finding herself once again, Steve’s personal ‘rucksack revolution’ is sure to help in the search for her soul.
exnavy_76
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by exnavy_76 »

I believe the best review of one's writing is from other authors. It doesn't matter too much if the person doing the reviewing is published or not. Even the beginning author will catch a glowing error such as the use of a cell phone or a telephone in the 1850's. :lol:

The only question I have is it better to be part of an "in person live critique goup" where your writing is read aloud by someone else or be a part of an "internet critique group" where your writing is read by other writers and they post their comments.

I think I tend to being part of an in person critique group so I can hear my work read back to me. That way I can hear my own errors and what parts are good.

Return to “Writing Discussion”