How To Get A Book Published

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Gloria10
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: How To Get A Book Published

Post by Gloria10 »

I would to publish my book, about my life story,but i don't know how,and where to start. Do you know of any company that could assist me from South Africa.
BlessingAkpan
Currently Reading:

Post by BlessingAkpan »

Thank you for this information, I have been thinking how to go about this for some time now.
SavvyWriter36
Currently Reading: Health tips, tricks and myths
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savvywriter36.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by SavvyWriter36 »

Most people self-publish now. However, you must be ready to put in the work of creating awareness online and offline to drive traffic for your book.
Anthony Ehiemere

Post by Anthony Ehiemere »

Do you publish scientific books? I have a book on Physical Chemistry I would wish to have published.
Victoria Allen 1

Post by Victoria Allen 1 »

Thank you, this is great information about traditional publishing. I find self-publishing is very easy to do, especially creating an e-book. The only downside for self-publishing is the marketing and distributing physical books to book companies.
Heritiana S

Post by Heritiana S »

Yes, that's right. The publication of a book can provide excitement for its publishers. And his talents are likely to improve as his customers read the book. But if he never publishes his/her writing, I believe it will not make a difference for him/her.
Gulam Mohamed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gulam-mohamed.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by Gulam Mohamed »

When I start reading about all these folks discussing, while within themselves harbouring these dreams of publishing a book and so forth, I forgot about what I really want to write about and lose my track!
worthbook

Post by worthbook »

Patient is a must if you want to publish a book. Also, having wider connection within the industry will surely help you find a publisher easier. I just hope I have those connections..
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

I have not been involved in this act of publishing books. But I think that to publish one's book, meeting a very good publishing agency would suffice a lot more. Both publishing and marketing are very vital parts.
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

Book publishing is a very important part of your book. And to do that, I think one needs a good publishing company that would help in that area. After writing a book and people don't see it, what then is the need of writing it in the first place?
Nicholas Smith 01

Post by Nicholas Smith 01 »

I always wanted to publish a book related to my personal experiences, although I even wrote the draft I wasn't sure what next step to take and I was lacking in some parts. so, I talked to one of my friends he suggested me to hire premium book writing services namely gnome book writing as they take care of each and everything form editing to marketing your book. I approached them and I was out of stress and satisfy with their work.
Mufasa kibe
Favorite Author: William Shakespeare “My bounty is as boundless as the sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
fav_author_id: 212209

Post by Mufasa kibe »

It is certainly possible with some effort and persistence.
Amera Mera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Amera Mera »

Everyone has inside him/her own world, it may effect on us by our appearance or personalities and some of us are choosing to hide it in the depths..!
Here iam "rose" the college student, didn't explore my world yet, helping some people to explore their own ocean and touching hidden secrets of the depths of others too!
But despite of this i didn't explore "my world" yet!
Maybe i have or don't, but i still on the surface and believe that when i will be ready to go to the depths and explore my own hidden secrets, i will have two chances not only one,,
Because i might be already drown here or there...
Kaitlyn Wadsworth
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Chrome Mountain
Currently Reading: Gularian Islands
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-wadsworth.html
Latest Review: The Illusion of Superiority by Christopher Joseph
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Kaitlyn Wadsworth »

I too want to have a book published. This post has helpful points in it. My book is written, has been personally edited, critiqued by others and I personally know a lot about writing. But it will need a professional editor. Naturally. At this stage, I would like to be mentored. This looks to be the place for this. Am enjoying the BOTD.
snmathew
Currently Reading:

Post by snmathew »

Hello!
I am new to this site, and I came upon this topic!
Interesting insights. Thanks for sharing!
From what I understand, self-publishing online is possible. I assume the advice in this note is mainly for paper publishing?
Thanks

Return to “Writing Discussion”