How to Promote Your Independently Published Book or Ebook

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Re: How to Promote Your Independently Published Book or Ebook

Post by Nedim »

This is a very nice read. I read through the first paragraph to the last one. In addition, the author must be able to write a very good and compelling book description. This is one of the first thing every buyer will see.
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

Thank you for the write-up. It's quite interesting how you raised all these points about promoting a book. Also, I will like to add that while promoting your book, make sure to have designed a very attractive book cover. In the real world, people say don't judge a book by its cover. This statement does not apply to book promotion, as a lot of buyers will judge your book by its cover. So, make that cover attractive even as you write a good book.
mercasa
Currently Reading: Chameleons
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odek.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by mercasa »

This is so helpful. It gives insight into how times have changed. Thank you
Samiha Uddin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Samiha Uddin »

Great article should me moree explained and focused on exactly one point at a time so it is deleivered more efficiently
Gwen Johnson
Favorite Book: Two Brothers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gwen-johnson.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Gwen Johnson »

There’s a minefield of confusing articles around self publishing. Reviews are certainly the best way to establish an author.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Marco De Guzman
Currently Reading: Artwords
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Marco De Guzman »

Thank you for sharing this information. I say social media nowadays is a powerful platform to promote a book. One can create and post graphics for social media. Upload your book cover to websites like Canva to make fun book-related graphics that you can use on Instagram and other platforms. It's better to also promote your book or ebook through your own website and post a link to purchase your book or ebook and also include a blog to write about the writing process and interesting book facts.
zoefoster

Post by zoefoster »

I recommend you to take book marketing services from https://www.amazonpublishingcentral.com/marketing they are professional yet affordable the prompted my book and boost my books sales by 4600%
Eva Tillman
Favorite Book: The Body Keeps the Score
Currently Reading: The Maidens
Bookshelf Size: 116
2024 Reading Goal: 70
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Eva Tillman »

Excellent advice! I especially appreciate the reminder that when a few people read your book and review it, it will start to promote itself!
Andrea Quinn
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: We Are the Luckiest
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrea-quinn.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Andrea Quinn »

I never thought to advertise the good reviews. Thanks for the knowledge!

Happy Reading :techie-studyinggray:
Andrea
edenwheeler

Post by edenwheeler »

Great Idea! this is really helpful for me. thanks for sharing these amazing tips.
Razib Paul
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Razib Paul »

"Promoting your independently published book or ebook is a crucial step in reaching a wider audience. Crafting a compelling narrative around your work, leveraging social media platforms, and engaging with potential readers are key strategies. Building a strong online presence through author websites or blogs helps establish credibility. Utilizing book promotion services and seeking reviews can boost visibility. Networking within literary communities and participating in virtual events also enhance discoverability. Remember, persistence is key in the competitive world of self-publishing. This comprehensive guide offers invaluable insights to navigate the promotional journey, empowering authors to effectively showcase their literary creations."

Return to “Writing Discussion”