Scrivener

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 344
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: Bob and Bobbie and Other Short Stories by Derek Richard Fairey
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Scrivener

Post by Diana Lowery »

What is the best way to learn how to use Scrivener? I am so confused and lost.
Dragonsend
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonsend.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Dragonsend »

I usually copy and paste into the box that is provided. I then change anything that they point out as errors. Each item under the text such as run on sentences ,etc I tap and it will highlight the problematic area and you can correct. I then copy and paste back to the support forum submission form. BE SURE TO CORRECT LINE SPACING once you paste back to the submission form. I hope this helps you
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 :angelic-grayflying:
Dragonsend
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonsend.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Dragonsend »

Well , umm..... did you mean scribens????? If you didn't, disregard every thing I wrote above.
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 :angelic-grayflying:
eastandalchemy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eastandalchemy.html
Latest Review: Sir, I'm Not That Kind of Girl! by Mary Lynn Archibald
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by eastandalchemy »

Here's a forum where you might find some instructions: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheScrivener/

I have yet to try Scrivener, but I would love to hear from any Book Club members how they like it.
srm628
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srm628.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Guide For The Avid Indoorsman by John Driver

Post by srm628 »

I learned Scrivener mainly from just exploring the program and looking at the tutorial thing they have.

I absolutely love it, and if you can figure out how to use it, it's absolutely amazing.
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Post by Monet_va »

YouTube has a lot of tutorials that have really helped me. I suggest starting with the basics and taking it slowly. I was really confused at first too but eventually got the hang of things!
Xarzu
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Xarzu »

I am a bit lost too.

In the Scrivener’s turotial that comes with the program, I have gotten to a point that talks about the "i" in the in the right of the toolbar (the strip of buttons at the top of the window). It opens what is called the "inspector". The inspector displays information relating to the document currently shown in the editor, such as its synopsis, label and status.

I guess this is something that I will get used to as things go on.

I am seeing there is a learning curve, I think. I fouond where there is some information about the inspector.

Return to “Writing Discussion”