For the love of Morpheus from Splintered, by A. G. Howard

Discuss the May 2014 book of the month Splintered by A. G. Howard.
Ericaflowers6238
Currently Reading: The Mansion's Twins
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericaflowers6238.html

For the love of Morpheus from Splintered, by A. G. Howard

Post by Ericaflowers6238 »

First of all, i would like to say that A.G. Howard is truly a gifted author. The fiction novel Splintered is one of the most creative and imaginative books that I have read in many years. She took the classic story of Alice in Wonderland and transformed it into a macabre and very twisted tale. The book contained various creatures and oddities that you would expect to see in a dream and it described them so vividly that it was easy to see them in your mind. Her twisted and dark version of Wonderland was wonderful and horrifying at the same time, and the story kept you hooked and wanting to read more.

The best part of the book was the amazing character development that took place throughout the book. The main character Allysa, was constantly torn between her human half and the half of her that belonged to Wonderland. The characters internal conflict was interesting to behold because it allowed the reader to take the journey with the young girl as she slowly developed into her true self. The love story triangle that formed between Alyssa, her boyfriend, and her mysterious Wonderland friend that she had known since childhood, gave the story the final push it needed to become a top seller quickly. Reading the book was extremely interesting because it was unclear whether she would choose her boyfriend Jeb or her Wonderland king Morpheus.

The thing that made me love the book so much was the character Morpheus. He started off as a slightly evil and sly character, constantly lying to get his way. However, as the story progressed he showed an amazing compassionate side along with a dark alluring personality that could make even the most cold hearted reader fall in love with his character.

This book was an amazing read, and I recommend it to anyone who wants a good story with just the right amount of rivalry romance and slightly darker elements. And the character Morpheus is so wonderful that he makes the novel worth reading even if you are not a fan of Wonderland themed stories.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Duplicated topic

Splintered
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “"Splintered" by A. G. Howard”