Review of Bugs, Weeds, and Water

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Review of Bugs, Weeds, and Water

Post by Ekezie1998 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Bugs, Weeds, and Water" by Evangeline Greene.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A family is often referred to as a group of people connected by blood, but there is proof that it would not be a necessary factor. Aunt Flory is suddenly tasked with raising her deceased sister's children. Since their father's whereabouts are unknown, she pours her whole being into training the girls with help from her few friends. She handles the 'guardian' role surprisingly well, despite shouldering her burdens to the surprise of everyone.

Bugs, Weeds, and Water by Evangeline Greene is a story that narrates the beautiful connection between the little Starling family. The triplets possess a favourable opinion towards life-in-general, and they soon begin to inquire about their missing father. Will the girls successfully withstand the trials of society, and will they uncover the mystery of their father's disappearance? Find out by getting a copy of this book.

There were a few positive aspects to this book. The errors found in the book are very few, meaning that it was professionally edited. The personality of each character was carefully outlined, and it was portrayed insightfully. The author uses a great narrative style that would make the reader very involved in the story. I would also like to comment on the expansive vocabulary of the author. The terms and figures of speech were appropriately used, adding to the general appeal of the book.

I would also highlight the unique link that is shared between the sisters. Their bond is described as strong, and they are inseparable from each other, irrespective of their individual differences. Also, the book emphasizes the importance of appreciating nature. The Starling family use every given opportunity to show love to their surroundings without limits. This is one of the favorite parts of this book that I admired, as it is a feature many books currently lack.

I only discovered one negative aspect in this book. I feel the book was a little overstretched, and certain parts were prolonged to make the book longer. There were a few instances where unnecessary factors were mentioned and could have been excluded. I feel that this book exceeded my expectations and kept me refreshed till the last page. The book focuses on the journey of transforming the main characters into better versions of themselves. All these elements help the reader connect to the story on a deep level. I honestly enjoyed this book, and it was a fantastic experience.

As a result of the mentioned reasons, I subsequently rate this book a four out of four stars. It is well deserved, and I feel any potential reader would respect this decision. I recommend this book to any reader interested in coming-of-age stories, especially for females. Also, I recommend this book to those interested in the bond that links families together.

Bugs, Weeds, and Water
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chijindu Ifedigbo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chijindu-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chijindu Ifedigbo »

Bugs, weeds and water is a very interesting book about coming-of-age, the story is narrated beautifully and connected between the little Starling family. Excellent
David Iba
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by David Iba »

I like this book, bugs, weed and water. Is so interesting novel. It always good to have good friends aronud you in term of need.
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

I really enjoyed reading this review and now I feel like I want to read the book. I especially like books that are about families, but also show the importance of nature. I find these types of books soothing and relaxing. Thank you for the awesome review!
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

The reviewer has portrayed the plot of the book very nicely. I'm curious to know if the sisters were successful in finding their father or not. Thanks for the review.
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

This looks like quite a sweet little storyline. Great review here.
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Regard003 »

The plot of this book is awesome. I personally love books about sisters because I have lots myself. And I agree that family goes beyond being related just by blood. I admire the aunt for being able to take up three kids of her sister. Many people aren't that nice. Great review
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your review. Many people can't do well with a sudden responsibility thrust upon them, but it looks like Aunt Flory is doing quite well with her nieces.
Clare Jose
Favorite Book: Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clare-jose.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Clare Jose »

This looks like a lovely, well-written story. I wonder what raising a set of triplets felt like, for the aunt.
Thank you for your review!
Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

The cover made me think of the fairy tale with Papa Bear, Mama Bear, and Baby Bear and their porridge bowls. Knowing that the book is about triplet sisters is a wonderful surprise. I wonder how they will all turn out with their Aunt Flory's help.
Gideon46
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Gideon46 »

Bugs,weeds and water is a very nice and interesting book to read . It preaches and centers on family. I recommend this book to everyone.
Onyeka4rancis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeka4rancis.html
Latest Review: The Ping-Pong Champion of Chinatown by James Hanna
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Onyeka4rancis »

I adored this story made by Evangeline Greene. “Bugs, Weeds, and Water” is one of those books we begin perusing and quickly captivates us to the point we cannot put it down until the final page is turned. Zoey and her two sisters battle with the concept of being “normal” and how troublesome it is to meet that standard, particularly in a little town just like the one they live in.
Mapalo Chipungu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Mapalo Chipungu »

That's the more reason why they say "Blood is thicker than water", the aunt had to teach them the value of a good life, even as they began the search for their own father... good review, am just so curious of how the story ends, need to read this.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

I like that the sister's link is explored. There is something special about twins' bonds and knowing there are triplets in this book sounds very interesting. Great job with the review.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Gilang Pratama P
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Gilang Pratama P »

This book give us some to learn, learn about friendship, learn about respect to others, learn how to survive with this cruel situation. Happy reading !

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”