Review of The Five Saga: Tetepare

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jenipher Owino
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenipher-owino.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Review of The Five Saga: Tetepare

Post by Jenipher Owino »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Five Saga: Tetepare" by Caitlin Strommen.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"The Five Saga: Tetepare" by Caitlin Strommen truly swept me away on a captivating journey. It delves into the lives of five survivors who've endured a harrowing plane crash and now wrestle with the challenges of surviving on a deserted island. This novel is an emotional rollercoaster, weaving love, hope, strife, family, and friendship into a compelling narrative that had me hooked from the very first page.

The five main characters are brilliantly developed, each bearing their unique personalities, backgrounds, and motivations:

Jack, a young man with dreams of becoming a journalist, whose aspirations are thwarted due to his gender. He's ensnared in a cycle of labor and emotional abuse inflicted by his female boss.

Sarah, a formidable lawyer and politician, belongs to an elite class of women. She's driven by ambition, stopping at nothing to realize her goals. She's also Jack's boss and lover, using him as a pawn in her intricate schemes.

David, a former soldier and rebel leader, leads the fight against an oppressive regime of women. His charisma and courage inspire many to rally to his cause, even though he abandoned Jack in his childhood.

Lisa, a compassionate nurse and spy for the rebels, risks her life to aid oppressed men. She's also David's lover, her bravery shining through in her unwavering support.

Sam, an innocent and curious young boy who traveled with his parents on the ill-fated flight. Unbeknownst to Jack, Sam is his half-brother, a revelation that adds depth to their complicated relationship.

The book masterfully explores a myriad of themes: gender politics, power dynamics, human nature, survival, loyalty, betrayal, forgiveness, and redemption. Its unpredictable plot twists kept me on the edge of my seat, revealing that the plane crash harbors hidden secrets, and there are mysterious forces at work that will forever alter the characters' destinies.

For me, this book is a solid 4 out of 5 stars. It's a must-read for those who cherish well-crafted, emotionally charged, and truly original storytelling. The narrative takes you on a remarkable journey filled with love, hope, turmoil, family bonds, and friendships tested to the limit. The characters are vividly realistic and relatable, each with their own intricate personality, background, and motivations. The story grapples with essential themes like survival, loyalty, betrayal, forgiveness, and redemption, keeping you engaged from start to finish. Nevertheless, there may be moments that some readers find sluggish or an ending that feels abrupt or unsatisfying. Additionally, be aware that the book contains scenes of violence, gore, and explicit sexual content that may not be suitable for all audiences.

Throughout my reading, I couldn't detect any grammatical errors or typos. The book is exceptionally well-edited and proofread, characterized by clear and concise language. Its consistent style and format make the story easy to follow and understand. It's a testament to the author's skill that I couldn't find any major flaws in the writing.

In conclusion, I wholeheartedly enjoyed my journey through this book, and I'm enthusiastic about recommending it to anyone who values well-crafted, emotionally resonant, and truly original stories.

The Five Saga: Tetepare
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
RutvikPatel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rutvikpatel.html
Latest Review: The River of Cheese by Amanda Jane Lowles

Post by RutvikPatel »

"The Five Saga: Tetepare" by Caitlin Strommen offers a captivating journey through the lives of five survivors of a plane crash stranded on a deserted island. The narrative is described as an emotional rollercoaster, skillfully weaving themes of love, hope, strife, family, and friendship into a compelling story. The characters are well-developed, each with their unique personalities, backgrounds, and motivations. The reviewer outlines the key characters, their roles, and their complex relationships, highlighting the depth of the narrative.
Carlebastra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Carlebastra »

"The Five Saga: Tetepare" by Caitlin Strommen is a brilliant fusion of mysticism and adventure, weaving characters into a vivid tapestry of self-discovery and redemption. Strommen's prose, like an artist's brush, paints a world where the supernatural and human emotions entwine, leaving readers captivated. The novel's exploration of cultural connections and personal growth resonates deeply, reminding us that our journeys are often interwoven with the mysterious forces of the universe. "Tetepare" is a literary gem, a reminder that in the vastness of storytelling, we find both escapism and introspection, and that sometimes, the most extraordinary tales are the ones that mirror our own search for purpose and connection.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”