Review of Shades of Destiny

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Quest: Finding Freddie
Bookshelf Size: 780
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Trouble In The Triangle by Lisa Hedge

Review of Shades of Destiny

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Shades of Destiny" by MJ Pittman.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Shades of Destiny by MJ Pittman is about superheroes from the Ethos, Zion, Perdicium, Avalon, and Olympus realms. Green Valley was surrounded by snow-capped mountains and forests and was split in two by the Salmon River before Perdicium's attack. The attack left 82,000 people dead, destroyed buildings, smoldering forests, ashes in the air, and no water supply. Perdicium had attacked because Michael had found the Apple of Eden, but there was more to it than that. Michael would not tell anyone the secret that made him feel guilty about Perdicium's attack. The Ethos and Zion realms join forces to find the ancient biblical relics (the Ark of the Covenant, the Apple of Eden, the Trident of Solomon, and the Holy Grail) that will prevent future attacks by Perdicium and prevent Perdicium's control of the world. What is Michael's secret? Is Perdicium defeated? Grab a copy of this fast-paced and action-packed book to find out.

MJ Pittman proved his world-building skills while writing this novel by clearly describing the world and realms before and after the apocalypse. Each character is fully developed with a purpose in the story. It was easy for me to visualize the characters with descriptions like "a fiery red-haired woman with twin braids roped across either shoulder." I could see the smoldering trees, destroyed buildings, bones lying in the street, rivers, caves, and tunnels, to name a few. Throughout this story, the author shows the importance of trust and the harmful effects of secrets, lies, and betrayal. At the same time, he demonstrates the importance of everyone, including a dog named Chance, deserving a second chance.

I encountered suspense throughout the book with the mystery behind the Veil of Humanity and the relics. The care the author took in writing this book and ensuring it was professionally edited is commendable. The two minor errors I found did not distract from my reading enjoyment. If I had to give a negative aspect of this book, it would have to be that the story ended, but the ending was satisfactory and conclusive.

I found no reason not to give this book 5 out of 5 stars. There were no negative aspects, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book because the descriptions allowed me to imagine every event, kept me intrigued with the plot, and made me eager to turn each page in the book. Hence, the perfect rating.

Mature readers who enjoy reading science-fiction books about superheroes and life after the apocalypse, focusing on biblical relics, are the ones I recommend this book to. The characters believe in God, biblical relics, and a council called G.O.D. However, religious modifications, like God being female and no religious scriptures, make it suitable for non-religious people. I will caution readers sensitive to non-borderline profanity that this book contains many profane words.

Shades of Destiny
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
RutvikPatel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rutvikpatel.html
Latest Review: The River of Cheese by Amanda Jane Lowles

Post by RutvikPatel »

In "Shades of Destiny" by MJ Pittman, the reviewer lauds the author's exceptional world-building skills and character development, making it easy to visualize the story's richly detailed settings and diverse characters. They appreciate the themes of trust and the consequences of secrets and betrayal woven throughout the narrative. The reviewer also praises the book's suspenseful elements, such as the mystery surrounding the Veil of Humanity and the quest for ancient relics. While they note a couple of minor errors, they emphasize that these did not detract from their overall reading experience. The review concludes by expressing satisfaction with the book's conclusion.
Carlebastra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Carlebastra »

"Shades of Destiny by MJ Pittman paints a vivid tapestry of human emotions, entwined with fate's intricate threads. With prose that dances gracefully through life's highs and lows, it explores the profound connections we forge and the choices that shape our destinies. Pittman's storytelling is a symphony of empathy and insight, weaving a narrative that resonates with the universal yearning for purpose. In its pages, readers will find solace, inspiration, and a reminder that even in the shadows, destiny's hues hold the promise of brilliance.
mayank kumar 10
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mayank kumar 10 »

In "Shades of Destiny" by MJ Pittman, the observer applauds the maker's extraordinary world building skills and character progression, simplifying it to picture the story's extravagantly point by point settings and various characters. They esteem the subjects of trust and the results of favored experiences and betraying woven all through the story. The pundit also praises the book's exhilarating parts, for instance, the mystery enveloping the Front of Mankind and the excursion for old relics. While they note a few minor bungles, they highlight that these didn't cut down their general grasping experience. The review closes by discussing satisfaction with the book's choice.
Upphilan Paul
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upphilan-paul.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Upphilan Paul »

I love this review. It's well detailed. I love this book it doesn't seem to be a kind of Christian literature but it was. I hope Micheal will suffer for leaving 82,000 soul lifeless. I recommend it.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”