Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone (review sample #1)

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KacieLW
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kacielw.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Re: Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone (review sample #1)

Post by KacieLW »

The Harry Potter series is definitely one of my all time favorite series. I have read all of the books multiple time, though I think I have read the first one more than any of the others. I really love them all equally and for different reasons, and I'm sure I will continue on re-reading them many times in the future.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
PuckADoodle
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-puckadoodle.html

Post by PuckADoodle »

Yes, Harry Potter has stayed around a long time and I can see why! After reading the first book, you're hooked and want to read more. The first book in the series somehow draws you in and you can just read and watch the pages go by. I'd recommend this series to anyone who likes magic and adventure, because there's plenty of that in this book.
Marie K
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marie-k.html

Post by Marie K »

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone...what to say first about that book and the rest of the series.Unfortunately I'm one of those people that wasn't lucky enough to have read those amazing books at a really young age.But finally getting to read them now at the age of 18 I must say these books are some of the best ones I've read in a very very long while.I finished the first one in a matter of hours. It was such an easy read,no boring parts and after that *boom* I was hooked.I didn't even realise how fast I read the rest of the books. So yeah here I am now having read all of them and being so damn happy for doing so. An absolutely must read for honestly EVERYONE!! :D :D
Bhavna Aburani
Currently Reading: Dexter By Design
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhavna-aburani.html

Post by Bhavna Aburani »

I practically grew up with this series. So I can say, this series played a major role in shaping me the way I am today. As the first book of this series, I was engrossed in the magical world and couldn't wait to receive my first letter :D And after the book ended, I couldn't wait to start the second year of Hogwarts. A must read for everyone. It is so good that J.K. Rowling described Hermione's character as a bookworm. It was so different from stereotypes. It gave the courage to every female out there to pursue the things they like, to believe that reading can save your life, to know that its okay to be different and its okay to smarter than everyone around you. I have lost the count of how many times I have read this series but I can't wait to start it once again :)
Dh_
Favorite Author: Alex Flinn
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 714">Carry On</a>
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dh.html
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
fav_author_id: 4010

Post by Dh_ »

This is the book that started it all. This is where the magic started to evolve and you started to be introduced to the ways of the Wizarding World. J.K Rowling gave us a taste of her limitless imagination in this book. It will forever be one of my favorite books.
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

steampunk_girl wrote: 03 Jan 2016, 21:27 The Philosopher's Stone is where it all started for me. The first time I read it I was probably seven and I didn't understand many parts. Now that I'm older the series are much more enjoyable and if I were to give this book a title it would probably be "The Book That Started It All" because although not my favourite Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone has been life changing in the sense I am now a fangirl and know the definition of 'fandom'. I have OTP's and 'ship' people. This book was the book that started it all.
This is exactly the same for me!! Easily the book that started a life love of reading
VSuraj
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vsuraj.html
Latest Review: Justice by Scott Hughes

Post by VSuraj »

Yes, I agree with the above comment. Reading this book at a young age was something magical in itself. Obviously I had to read it again when I was older to make sure I understood everything, but this first book started a journey that lasted for many years.
Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic - J.K. Rowling
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

The Philosophers Stone is the beginning of a whole new world for young Harry as he finds out who and what he truly is. I love this book.
Kyle Hargis

Post by Kyle Hargis »

I have been a massive reader all of my life, but the Harry Potter books are the most....magical series of my life. I reread them every year, starting with the first one on the day of the year where students report to Hogwarts.
seddiki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by seddiki »

What is the best historical book to read
Shamara Munroe
Currently Reading: Rudi Caribou
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shamara-munroe.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Shamara Munroe »

I can't even tell how many times I have read this book, and each time I just couldn't stop reading. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, the first installment of J.K. Rowling's iconic series, captivates readers with its magical world and compelling narrative. This enchanting tale took me on a journey alongside Harry Potter, a young wizard discovering his true destiny. Through its pages, Rowling weaves a spellbinding tale of friendship, courage, and the triumph of good over evil. With its relatable characters, vivid descriptions, and imaginative plot, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone mesmerizes readers of all ages, transporting them to a realm where anything is possible. Embrace the magic and embark on an unforgettable adventure as you delve into this extraordinary literary masterpiece.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”