Review of The Probability of Forever

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: The Eye of the Bedbug by Allan Davis

Review of The Probability of Forever

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Probability of Forever" by MJ Moore.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Pen is tasked with documenting an occurrence in 2013 that will change the trajectory of events in 2039. As she travels back in time, she is faced with a series of events that make achieving her goal look bleak, and the chance of her returning to her parents and friends is also uncertain. How will Pen navigate through the journey and achieve her mission while saving those that matter to her? Will she be able to achieve her mission or get lost while traveling in time? Read this smooth-sailing book to discover more about Pen’s journey.

The Probability of Forever by MJ Moore shows how the activities or events in our present ultimately affect and alter the future, and this is seen in the direction of SB Holdings activities and how they drastically affected the future and the lives of people living in the world at the time. This book touched on various themes, like the theme of love, romantic love, and the love of one’s family. It also hovers slightly around longing for the ones we love and wanting to be with them even when situations seem to always be against our desires. The greatest theme the book centers on is the theme of friendship, the support of friendship, and how friends vary in characters, personalities, and beliefs, but a true friend will always look out for you. This is displayed in the relationship that exists between Ashley and Carmen, despite the clear difference in their characters and personalities.

I appreciate the amazing character development in the book; the author beautifully grooms the characters, their evolution, distinct behaviors, and their journey. I am impressed with how the author beautifully portrays Mac and his intuitive and intelligent mind, which makes him worthy of his achievements. The author also did an applaudable job in the description of geographical areas, the knowledge of landscapes, and the broad knowledge demonstrated in the description of boats, their features, and other important considerations that a boat sails. It is intriguing and further captures the essence of the book.

The only point that seems confusing is the description of the relationship between Pen and Carmen. Sometimes the author refers to Carmen as Pen's great-great-grandmother, and in other cases, she’s referred to as just grandmother, which sets up confusion at some points.

The book is excellently edited; I found no mistakes in the book. The author did a fantastic job with the writing style and examining important, thought-provoking issues in our society, such as the way we dispose of refuse and waste and humans fighting each other to have more resources, while those at the other end also fight to protect what is theirs. I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars, mainly because I love time-traveling books that come with a slice of thrill. I recommend this book to fans of young adult stories.

The Probability of Forever
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ifeanyi Nwokike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Ifeanyi Nwokike »

Do we still have such friendship that exhibits love and care for one another in our present day? Could it be in our imaginations? These and more questions that pops up in mind while reading this piece of art. Thanks!
Sandre Lamar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Sandre Lamar »

I couldn't put this book down it was a real page-turner. The author's writing style was beautifully descriptive.
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: The hyena stare
Bookshelf Size: 80
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 14%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

The confusion between Pen and Carmen is so hilarious. It sounds like an amazing book but it's really not the kind of book I would finish. This is a good review though
R Chinaza Onwuka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Banished
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-chinaza-onwuka.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by R Chinaza Onwuka »

The character development sounds fantastic, especially with Mac's intelligence and the detailed descriptions of the crew and the ship. Those little details really bring a story to life.

A clean, well-edited sci-fi adventure with time travel and social commentary? Sounds like my kind of read! Thanks for the reveiw, I'll definitely check it out!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”