Review of Echoes of the Constellation

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abraham Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: ecstasy as medicine by jonathan robinson

Review of Echoes of the Constellation

Post by Abraham Ozo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Echoes of the Constellation" by Sage Chevalier.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In Echoes of Constellation, Sage Chevalier narrates the captivating tale of a little child named Simon in an otherworldly realm where nightmares and dreams collide. By some strange twist of fate, Simon finds himself rescued by a star while on the brink of death. His star exposes him to a realm way beyond what he could have imagined, showing him the beauty of the Cosmos. He finds himself in an Academy for Seekers, where Stellar Seekers are trained to maintain the balance of The Circle Within. There, he must navigate new relationships, forge his own path, and fight his demons. What does this new life hold for him? 

There are so many positive aspects to this book. Sage creates a magnificent fantasy novel with forceful, innovative words. Sage crafts realms that are nothing short of fantastical. Simon continued to marvel, jaw slack, about the beauty of the world he had been exposed to. Echoes of the Constellation is a beautiful artistry of words, painting realms beyond human imagination.

Though the book speaks of dreams, it deals with a lesson or two about reality. Humans are held back by some form of mortal attachment or another from attaining their full potential. It could be fear, guilt, family, or insecurity. Though it may not physically manifest in illusions or physically bind us, it holds us back from being our best.

Little wonder, the first trial to becoming a seeker was the Trial of Blood. Simon, Xari, Bale, Verilan, and every other intending candidate must do away with their mortal attachments and vulnerabilities. This relates closely to self-discovery and awareness. Simon and his friends serve as symbols of how we experience life differently after detachment. We are no longer clouded by our personal restraints and vulnerabilities; our senses are sharpened, and our strength is renewed. 

There is only one negative aspect I noticed about this book. It was not professionally edited. It has grammar errors, capitalization blunders, and spelling mistakes. I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. Notwithstanding the editing, the writing captivated me, and it also brought into perspective the incredible feats a person can accomplish with good friends by their side. I recommend this book to lovers of fantasy, supernatural, and mystery fiction. This is an absolute must-read for them.

Echoes of the Constellation
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am impressed that you find the way that things written in the book are symbols of something else. I am convinced that this symbolism would be wasted on me. It would be a shame for the author to have wasted time on me. Thanks!
Ifeanyi Nwokike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Ifeanyi Nwokike »

Candidly, I couldn't connect with the book review, this could be because fantasy stories like this doesn't intrigue me. Thanks for sharing.
Areena David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Areena David »

:tiphat: Your writing style gave me a general overview of the novel. I'm excited to read the book because I believe that dreams play a role in processing emotions and emotional experiences, helping to reduce stress and anxiety and enhance mental health. However, I think the author has a different perspective in this book, and I want to discover it. A great choice!
Somto Nwachukwu 1
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-somto-nwachukwu-1.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Somto Nwachukwu 1 »

Your review of "Echoes of Constellation" by Sage Chevalier provides a captivating glimpse into the fantastical world of Simon and his adventures in an otherworldly realm. The vivid descriptions and imaginative storytelling make it sound like an enchanting read, drawing readers into a realm beyond imagination.
Chi Chiu Michael Mak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chi-chiu-michael-mak.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas

Post by Chi Chiu Michael Mak »

So it's a book about star power. Interesting. Has an otherworldly vibe to it. And of course, children getting exposed to the dangerous supernatural and near-death scenarios. This looks like something out of an anime.
I write the best reviews possible. :idea2:

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”