For The Hunger Games series fans - Gale or Peeta?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cxsimpson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cxsimpson.html
Latest Review: How to Generate and Earn Royalty Income by Marina Peters

Re: For The Hunger Games series fans - Gale or Peeta?

Post by cxsimpson »

I just recently reread this series and the only person I think Katniss could logically end up with is Peeta. He can be there for her in a way that Gale could never.
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

Personally Peeta! I think he was a much better choice for Katniss. She and Gale would have argued too much and they were just too similar. She made the right choice in the end
nanglada
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nanglada.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by nanglada »

I believe in an alternative world, Katniss could have loved Gale the way she loves Peeta. But the games and the trauma they lived together bonded them in a way that cannot be reversed. That's why I think Peeta is the one for Katniss.
Jessicalaurenw1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessicalaurenw1.html
Latest Review: Irma's Daughters by Jennie Linnane

Post by Jessicalaurenw1 »

I am fully convinced that Katniss loves Peeta. I think she did not truly realize it until the very end though, when Peeta chose her over everything. Gale chose the rebellion over Katniss and that was the nail in the coffin on any lingering potential for him to be her choice.
Crystalynnh
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Crystalynnh »

Katnis does love Gale, but as that childhood friend who got stuck in the friendzone that she just doesn't love in that way, but is also afraid to act as if she is indifferent to Gales feelings too much for fear she will lose him. She knows darn well he's a potential provider. She is dependent upon him; the same way she used the berries and faked love with Peeta to live through the game, she also used her relationship and promis of something in the future with Gale to ensure someone would be there for her to provide for her family in her absence. She knows how and when to use people. Not that I blame her. You do what you gotta do. So she loves him, but as a friend.
As for Peeta, she did not have a great perspective on him at first. While he remembers sneaking around his parents to give her something to eat Katnis only remembered it as him throwing bread onto dirty ground. She was appreciative, but she absolutely didnt have the whole picture. As they spent more time together she fell for him though. At some point pretending to be in love became true love but she was just afraid to admit it. She knew Gale was who she was 'supposed' to be with and Peeta was who she 'wanted' to be with. Her compartmentalizing everything all the time because of the fear of loss made her feelings confusing. But in the end she truely fell for Peeta and you know it for sure when Peeta almost dies. Her real feelings show dramatically when she thought she lost him. Like they do. The heartbrake and fear that consumed her was none other than the cause of love. Thats when you just knew she wasnt acting or pretending anymore.
Last edited by Crystalynnh on 16 Apr 2020, 21:52, edited 3 times in total.
Sarah10

Post by Sarah10 »

I like Gale and Peeta. I think they both deserve better than Katniss, the way she treats them lol
VSuraj
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vsuraj.html
Latest Review: Justice by Scott Hughes

Post by VSuraj »

At first, I think Katniss experienced her first love with Gale, but after meeting Peeta, her perspective of love changed. However, I believe that she will always care about Gale and would want the best for him. I do like that she ended up with Peeta but I wish she could have had a chance with Gale.
Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic - J.K. Rowling
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

Definetily Peeta!
Saraah gupta

Post by Saraah gupta »

According to me both were great. Gale saw Katniss struggle but didnt understand her while Peeta understood her and saw her struggle. Peeta is determined, innocent ,caring and smart person. He understood her and was perfect to spend the rest of his life with her. My personal favourite is Peeta. Thank you!
Jeff101
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff101.html
Latest Review: E&N Escape by P.N.Holland

Post by Jeff101 »

I think that she truly loved Peeta, because it says multiple times in the book how she never thought of gale like that, she said he was more like a brother.
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

I love Peeta although Gale was much good looking. ;)
monserrat_21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monserrat-21.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by monserrat_21 »

I believe Katniss did love Gale but that was before the games and the revolution. They both changed after that and I don't think Katniss loved the man he became. But with Peeta it was different. They went through so much together and instead of it pushing them apart, it brought them together. They not only bonded over the shared trauma, they helped each other through it and built something beautiful. And that's why I was always team Peeta.
Ranz315
Currently Reading:

Post by Ranz315 »

Katniss liked gale in the beginning. He cared for her too. He promised to take care of her family when she was selected as a tribute. During the revolution he did not kill prim. It was coin who killed prim.But he knew that people would be killed. Katniss didn't like the fact that he has changed. But peeta was kind and sympathetic. This is why she can't choose between gale and peeta. Gale is brave and reckless while peeta is calculative and calm. She is both calculative and reckless. But then she realizes she needs the comfort and warmth of peeta not the anger of gale. But I think she and gale shouldn't have parted ways after the revolution.
Kayla_Sanders
Currently Reading: Iron Widow
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-sanders.html
Latest Review: Signs in the Rearview Mirror by Kelly Smith

Post by Kayla_Sanders »

Even when first reading the series, I always believed Katniss would end up with Peeta and that was the best person for her. Her soft moments with Gale were probably stemming from the fear of losing him at any moment. Before the games, he was the person Katniss kept closest to her besides her sister. It took time for her to fall in love with Peeta, they had to play the part of lovers to survive. After the trauma Katniss had been through in the games, Peeta was the only one who could understand her. He knew how to help when no one else could and that made their bond very strong.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.” – Charles W. Eliot
Janae K
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Janae K »

Personally, I'm Peeta all the way, mainly because in my heart of hearts I never thought Katniss and Gale would ever work. Those two are so much alike, I believe that the only relationship they'd be able to have is a friendship, while there is love there I do not believe it's romantic at least not on Katniss' end. Peeta and Katniss, on the other hand, seem to be a great balance for each other and have a bond through the Hunger Games that they can't have with other people.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”