Favorite YA Book About Angels

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sav Sparkman
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Re: Favorite YA Book About Angels

Post by Sav Sparkman »

Baileyann080 wrote: 12 Jun 2020, 14:57 I definitely enjoyed the Hush, Hush Series as well as the Angelfire Series I'd say that they are both my favorites, but I have also just recently completed the Halo Series. I would recommend each series to anyone who enjoys a good YA series with romance and and great characters. I have also read the Fallen Series and they are very good as well! In the Hush, Hush books, I really liked the twist in the beginning where Nora was afraid of Patch, and then they become friends as he introduces her to is world. I was captured in this series from the very beginning and read the entire series in a day. Good romance and plot throughout the series, and the epilogue was very sweet as well.

In the Halo Series, there is, of course, romance but also a good peak into the world around them, in it's vastness. The Halo Trilogy was a very well-written, sweet and concise story line. The main characters Beth and Xavier show so much compassion and consideration of those around them, always putting those they love first. Beth does make some decisions, on her own, that had put her into some very difficult positions, but she perseveres.

For the Fallen Series, the first book was a little difficult for me to get involved in. I found the beginning a bit odd and a slower, dryer read. However, I wanted to give this series the benefit of the doubt and continued to read all the way through. The following books in the series have much more action and by the 4th or 5th chapter in book 2, I couldn't put it down. There is definitely a surprise ending, although I did suspect it in the 3rd book, the reveal was still suspenseful.

In the Angelfire series, it is not clear in the beginning that it is about angels. As you read through the series, the pieces do connect and it's clear that the story is a battle between Heaven and Hell. I fell in love with the characters very early on in the first book. A tale about a strong female lead character who does not realize her true power or potential, but grows stronger with the help of her partner.
Thank you for these synopses of the series! It definitely helps me see which ones I’m more likely to annoy reading. I haven’t heard of Hush Hush before, but with so many people on these forums saying good things about it, I’ll have to give it a shot.
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” —Helen Keller
Ludovica Peruzzi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

I remember I loved reading the Fallen series by Lauren Kate, though I was a bit disappointed at the ending. And the Daughter of Smoke and Bone serirs was just masterful.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”