To all the boys I've loved before by jenny han

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Strangeminds
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strangeminds.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

To all the boys I've loved before by jenny han

Post by Strangeminds »

The book is one which will keep you excited throughout the plot. The simple language employed by jenny han makes it even more beautiful and easy to enjoy. It is a take on the typical high school romance in which two 'strangers' start pretending to be in love and end up falling for real. But there's something about the way the author has handled the storyline and the conversations that makes it close to heart
HarryPotterLibrary22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harrypotterlibrary22.html
Latest Review: Watchwords (black and white) by Philip Neal Gatter

Post by HarryPotterLibrary22 »

I really enjoyed watching the film and I usually do like YA books. Would you say the book is better than the film?
Sarafina2001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sarafina2001 »

I enjoyed it I love teen non fiction this going in my favorite list I really recommend
Strangeminds
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Strangeminds »

HarryPotterLibrary22 wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 10:30 I really enjoyed watching the film and I usually do like YA books. Would you say the book is better than the film?
I think that the book an the movie are both excellent. But the book has more detailed descriptions and all of the events has not been included in the movie though the movie itself is really entertaining.. But I prefer the book over the movie as it lets us connect with the characters more. Also, only the first book's movie has been released and the sequels are yet to come out.
HarryPotterLibrary22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harrypotterlibrary22.html
Latest Review: Watchwords (black and white) by Philip Neal Gatter

Post by HarryPotterLibrary22 »

Strangeminds wrote: 26 Dec 2019, 00:49
HarryPotterLibrary22 wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 10:30 I really enjoyed watching the film and I usually do like YA books. Would you say the book is better than the film?
I think that the book an the movie are both excellent. But the book has more detailed descriptions and all of the events has not been included in the movie though the movie itself is really entertaining.. But I prefer the book over the movie as it lets us connect with the characters more. Also, only the first book's movie has been released and the sequels are yet to come out.
Thank you for letting me know! I've bought the first two books in the series so I'm hoping to add it to my TBR stack for 2020! I usually find in most cases the books tend to be better so I'll give it a read
Strangeminds

Post by Strangeminds »

Sarafina2001 wrote: 19 Dec 2019, 20:32 I enjoyed it I love teen non fiction this going in my favorite list I really recommend
It is one of my favourites. I really recommend reading all three books.
nanglada
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nanglada.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by nanglada »

I really loved this book. However, I do have to say that Peter was not a good boyfriend and I hated how he treated Lara Jean. I think with a better male protagonist, this trilogy would have been amazing.
saras7856

Post by saras7856 »

To all the boys i loved before is a beautifully written book about a high-school girl. This is a beautiful tale of a girl who’s been in love with three boys. One of which she would never think to love her back. But to her surprise they fall in love. The author paints the picture of what it’s like to be a teenage girl in high school trying to find love. She shows that love can form in unexpected circumstances and please the hearts of anyone.
mplaunty
Currently Reading: Triplicity
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mplaunty.html
Latest Review: 2612 Cherryhill Lane by Glenn Vo

Post by mplaunty »

Thank you for all of these comments. I have watched the movies and been contemplating reading the books. In my experience, when I watch the movie first and really enjoy it, I have a hard time making myself read the book because they are usually very different. After reading all of these comments, these books are now on my tbr list. Thanks!
kdhutchinson
Favorite Book: Dayscapers
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdhutchinson.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by kdhutchinson »

Strangeminds wrote: 26 Dec 2019, 00:49

Thanks for commenting on this. I've watched the movie multiple times and I didn't honestly know it was book until I happened to see this post in this forum. I'm excited to now read it!

Do you have other recommendations for YA fiction in this same vein (the "romance" subgenre, I suppose)? It's been a while since I have read novels aimed at younger audiences, but I am starting to branch out in my personal creative writing, and this is an avenue I want to explore. I usually like to read up on a genre before I try to dabble, so I'm interested if you have read works by some other authors ?
Taongaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taongaj.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Taongaj »

What I like even more is that it is so refreshing. It's clean and you could even have a preteen read and not feel guilty for whatever scenes it might have. Ok! Maybe the hot tub scene but that's it
Komi7

Post by Komi7 »

:P it was a good movie very tasteful and fun and romantic. I even loved the book every scene was amazing
love2read1967
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-love2read1967.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier
Reading Device: Kobo

Post by love2read1967 »

Now I want to read the book because I really enjoyed this movie, and it's sequel!😁
Mellyporche

Post by Mellyporche »

:D the book was awesome. Even the movie was good I would give this book 10 out of a 10
mba0330

Post by mba0330 »

The book was definitely full of details and the movie was also great with some edited details. But great read and definitely gonna recommend to friends.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”