Official Review: Stolen Heritage: by Nana Aba

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Official Review: Stolen Heritage: by Nana Aba

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Stolen Heritage:" by Nana Aba.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Stolen Heritage by Nana Aba is a fictionalized book that tells the story of Asha. Asha is a zealous and very optimistic lady who believes that her gender or skin color can't limit her from attaining any height, even as an immigrant in the United States.

Asha Yaa Asantewa Osie is from a royal family and the only daughter of the reigning king of the Ashanti people in Ghana. She left her hometown for the US when she was very young because the elders were killing every female firstborn child when the civil war broke out. What could be the reason for that? Pick up this intriguing novel to find out.

Asha joined the US Navy and became the first black woman to be promoted as a lieutenant. However, an emergency call comes from her mum demanding her presence back home. On getting home, she gets a warm reception from her family, but there's more to her return. Perhaps it is the beginning of the fulfillment of her destiny. What could it be?

I was drawn in immediately by the author's letter to black women at the beginning of the book. Her words are full of wisdom, inspiration, and highly motivational. She poured out her heart on the qualities and values deposited in them. She also urges African women to be proud of their unique skin color regardless of where they find themselves.

The author's creativity is evident in all the chapters, and I like that each chapter has a title that gives the reader some insight into its contents. The narration and description of events flowed very well. The plot was unique and real, and this captured my interest and made me yearn for more. Also, the dialogues between characters flowed seamlessly. Readers will learn lots of lessons from this book. Interestingly, I learned a little of the Ghanaian language.

Readers will derive moral values from this story like patriotism, loyalty, true friendship, culture, etc. Asha protected her country and was willing to go the extra mile for her, and at the same time, didn't want to disappoint the US. What I liked the most about this book was its teaching on women empowerment and gender equality. Women are often marginalized in society, especially in Africa, and that has got to stop. I can't forget this adage: "When you train a woman, you train the nation."

Honestly, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book of great inspiration. The characters are well developed and lifelike, making it easy for me to relate to them and understand why they behaved as they did. Readers who love strong female protagonists will enjoy Asha's role. She is a character most readers will fall in love with because she is bold, courageous, fearless, and a go-getter. Even when the weight of her problems seems overwhelming, her father's words of encouragement supported her. Furthermore, the language used in writing the story is easy to understand and without any form of ambiguity.

This novel is a must-read for women because it will challenge them to aspire higher in life. She educates the reader to know that everybody has the right to enjoy quality education, acquire skills, and lead. I recommend this book to teens and adults who love fast-paced thriller books and those who value culture.

I'm pleased to award Stolen Heritage 4 out of 4 stars. There is nothing to dislike about this book. It seems to be professionally edited and has only a few typos.

Stolen Heritage:
View: on Bookshelves
Michael Emmanuel 3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Michael Emmanuel 3 »

Very sweet, it tells me a little bit about African culture that is bad and have been forgotten
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Asha sounds like my kind of woman. A woman who does not allow others to define her nor dictate her future. I'll definitely be reading this book. Great review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Hogwarts03
Currently Reading: Shatter Me
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hogwarts03.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Hogwarts03 »

I love the focus on African heritage. Asha is someone I'd personally like to know which obviously leads to me reading this book. Thank you!
Uniquekemmie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uniquekemmie.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Uniquekemmie »

This is a great review; it has successfully built my interest in this book. The main character, Asha, is a very inspiring woman. I also love the author's portrayal of the African culture. I will definitely check out this book!
Last edited by Uniquekemmie on 04 Jan 2022, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
Marie Sithole
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Marie Sithole »

This is very intresting storry i love Asha's character for stoodup for herself ,and it reminds me about how important our culture is .
Julius Nwohiri
Favorite Author: Dan Brown
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-nwohiri.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
fav_author_id: 2452

Post by Julius Nwohiri »

The story portrays Asha and women of her ilk as strong and of their own mind. I am intrigued by the reviewers entire capture of the book. Can't wait to lay my hands on a copy.
Dannie1

Post by Dannie1 »

Very interesting, it tells the true meaning and deep culture of Africa continent, which I myself I'm very eager to hear and learn from.
Ronnie Comendador 1

Post by Ronnie Comendador 1 »

I'm intrigued about the review of this book that tells the true meaning and deep culture of Africa..how amazing it is,!thanks for the review..

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”