Official Review: Choreology Basic volume 2

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Official Review: Choreology Basic volume 2

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Choreology Basic volume 2" by Michel f . Jacques.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Choreology Basic volume 2 by Michel f . Jacques is a great book for dancers. It is not every day that I encounter an author with this kind of passion in his/her work. Michel has taken time to research and compile this installment that’ll come in handy for dancers, especially the youthful and aspiring dancers.

The author says in his book, “Partnering with someone else in the dance or in spontaneous movement brings another dimension to the healing process.” This work introduces us to the relationships between the human body and dancing. There are many health benefits associated with dancing. The author has broken down numerous types of dancing, together with their characteristics and where they’re applied. Some pictorials showcase the different types of dance discussed by Michel. Traditionally, dancing was a form of recreation, leisure, or passing time; however, things are different today. Slow dance moves have proven effective for elderly people with stiff bodies, back pains, and even arthritis. Michel has not been left behind in religious matters; he has quoted relevant quotes from the Bible that talk about the positive effects of dancing.

There are a couple of things I enjoyed about this book. Firstly, I discovered a lot about the connections between dancing and brain functions. I specifically liked the lessons under the subtitle: Dancing can reverse the signs of aging in the brain. Even though there were medical parlances that I had to seek explanations from external sources, the lessons were realistic and applicable in real life. Moreover, I got to learn various types of dances; fox-trot dance was my favorite. Furthermore, towards the conclusion of the book, there are testimonies of dancers of how dancing has positively transformed their lives.

Nonetheless, there are numerous things to despise about this book. To begin with, the publication is full of errors. Some are grammatical typos that could have been avoided even by single proofreading. Also, the book contains anatomical parlance. There are quite a handful of biological slangs regarding the brain and cerebral maladies that took me time to fathom. While at it, I had to seek the meanings of some words so I could comprehend a paragraph. We have poorly constructed sentences that detracted my enjoyment of this work.

I did not encounter vulgar language or erotic scenes. I found this piece informative, engaging, and applicable in today’s life. Nevertheless, the book was not edited. For this and the other aforementioned dislikes, I rate the book 2 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to audiences who aspire to be dancers.

Choreology Basic volume 2
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”