Review of Run Taylah Run!

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kaylee Elmer
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylee-elmer.html
Latest Review: A Life In Another Time by Dr. Wayne Woods

Review of Run Taylah Run!

Post by Kaylee Elmer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Run Taylah Run!" by Paul Richardson.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Run Taylah Run! by Paul Richardson is a young adult novel centered around Taylah Bingham, a teen track star at her school in Cairns, Australia. Though worried about an escaped inmate that could be nearby, Taylah and her team travel for a track meet. When the team is involved in an accident, Taylah runs for help since she's the fastest runner. She comes across more than she bargained for at the first house she finds. Will her injured friends get the help they need? Will Taylah survive her situation?

The part of the book I liked most was the friendships portrayed between Taylah and her friends. For example, Taylah's best friend was Shareez. Shareez wasn't a fast runner, but Taylah insisted she be on the team still. Also, when they got in their accident and Shareez was hurt, Taylah had such a hard time leaving her. It was touching. There was also a scene where another friend, Nick, reads off the events everyone would participate in at the track meet. Between his jokes and everyone's reactions to them, the scene is funny and reminded me of actually being with a group of high school friends.

The part of the book I liked least was how things magically fell into place. Not everything was realistic. Without spoiling anything, Taylah accomplished things a teen wouldn't really be able to do. For example, she had important information for the police and was only willing to tell them if she got her way about something else. I don't think it would go that way in real life.

Richardson wrote this book for a young adult audience, and that's definitely who it would appeal to. The storyline is relatively simple, so I don't think most adults would enjoy it. It has an interesting premise, though, so I believe middle or high schoolers would want to read it. Also, it's worth noting it's written in British English, so it could confuse some readers due to differences in spelling. I was confused a few times until I realized the book took place in Australia.

I would rate Run Taylah Run! 3 out of 4 stars. I wouldn't rate it any lower because it is an interesting story for its intended audience. However, I can't give it a 4 because there were many errors, and it needs to be edited. The dialogue was often awkward, too.

Run Taylah Run! is a fun story. I would definitely recommend it to young adult readers!

Run Taylah Run!
View: on Bookshelves
Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuebuka-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo »

We must learn to support the people we call our friends, during their highs and lows. Run Taylah did justice to this piece. Thanks for the review.
The frant1c reader
Favorite Book: Crime and Punshment
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-frant1c-reader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by The frant1c reader »

The theme of the book doesn't line up with my tastes. However, the review has been very nicely written! :D
What do you despise? By this you are truly known....
~Dune.
Ann Marrt
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ann Marrt »

We must learn to help our friends ,this book is perfectly good
Barbara Perini
Currently Reading: Il nome della rosa
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-perini.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Barbara Perini »

Although it's not the kind of book I would enjoy, I liked the way you put into words. Also, I agree with what you dislike. Great review
WADonnelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wadonnelly.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by WADonnelly »

It is a shame that parts of this book were so unrealistic and for that reason, I'm not sure it is one for me. Thank you for your review.
Mercy Osmond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-osmond.html
Latest Review: The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III by Steven L Masia

Post by Mercy Osmond »

The book title is catchy. As a lover of sport, I will add this book in my shelve. Thanks for the great review.
VictoriousReader
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriousreader.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by VictoriousReader »

Interesting book title, and I love the friendship between Taylah and her colleagues. Good review
Khushboo Barwar
Favorite Book: Inertia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushboo-barwar.html
Latest Review: The Price of Dreams by Jerry A. Greenberg
Reading Device: B07XVJZPKZ

Post by Khushboo Barwar »

I love young adult but I don’t think I would resonate with the unrealistic ending. Your review is great. Short summary, on the point recommendation. Thanks for the review!
Waleed Mahmoud
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Waleed Mahmoud »

I love the book title its very catchy and the story is definitely well written
Mayur Arjune
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayur-arjune.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Mayur Arjune »

In jungle every animal runs, some to eat other and some to escape the attack. This is how it is, we have to keep running all the time. Thank you for such a beautiful review and topic.
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

The book title has to say something. I think, I should give this a try. Thanks for this great review!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”