Review of A Woman On A Mission

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Verna Coy
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verna-coy.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Review of A Woman On A Mission

Post by Verna Coy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Woman On A Mission" by Neveda Foreman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Woman on a Mission by Neveda Foreman is an inspirational memoir relating the details of the author’s life. It takes readers on a journey through a lifetime of struggles and learning curves that made this author who she is today.

Neveda Foreman began life in one of the roughest neighborhoods a city can offer. As a young girl, she was part of a gang. When life became too dangerous, and the gang became a personal threat to her, Neveda’s mother sent her to live with another family branch. So began a long journey of ups and downs that taught this young girl lessons that will never be forgotten. Would life continue to be rough, or would she find success and fulfillment? You’ll have to read the book to find out!

What I loved best about this book was the strong character development that is obvious on the first page and carries throughout this work. The main character’s will and drive keep the reader engaged and wanting more of the story. The supporting characters are vivid, and the emotions of the story are represented well. The writing style reveals a unique narrative that suits the book.

Although this book isn’t long, it covers a lot. One of the best things about this book is the focus and truth this author shared about her journey. Her experiences in the world of employment show someone willing to work and work hard. This book outlines the dedication and perseverance that drove this author forward from a kindergarten teacher, construction worker, faith leader, and many others.

The only negative aspect that I noticed about this book was a formatting issue. Specifically, it does not feature a proper copyright statement in the front matter. That is an essential part of a title’s format, and although the book is imprinted with the name of the company that helped to create it, the book should also feature the author’s copyright statement.

Even though this book will resonate the most with readers of the Christian Faith, it also offers significant insight and advice for those seeking career direction and personal strength. It is exceptionally well edited. I found no errors to mention. For these reasons, I happily rate it with 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to anyone who loves an inspirational and entertaining memoir. It will also appeal to fans of drama. The book contains no sexual content or profanity.

A Woman On A Mission
View: on Bookshelves
ArunBohra33
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ArunBohra33 »

This is what I like about memoirs like this one. Short in length, gives a lot of value and provides with morals. This is the kind of book that I'm looking forward to reading. Great review!
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

Firstly, the title is got my attention. This book sounds interesting to me and I would love to read this to find out how if her life ended up in an unpleasant way. Great review.
the_bibliofile
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bibliofile.html
Latest Review: Fouling in Business and College Athletics by Gonzalo Fernandez

Post by the_bibliofile »

It would be interesting to read how being a part of a gang at a young age shapes her perspective towards life and also the various struggles she faces. Thank you for the review!
Precious DA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-da.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Precious DA »

I would love to find out how the young lady manages to escape her previous life and face the struggles that would come with trying to escape as it is difficult to just leave something behind. Amazing work!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”