Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
annabear3
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: Wild-Cheryl Strayed
Currently Reading: A Little F'd Up: Why feminism is not a dirty word
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annabear3.html
fav_author_id: 1778

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

Post by annabear3 »

When I first read about this book scrolling through Pinterest late one night I knew that I was going to love it. Tiger Lily is a marvelously well written book in the narration of Tinker Bell before Peter Pan met Wendy. Tinker Bell follows around this girl named Tiger Lily who sticks out like a sore thumb in her little tribe in Neverland...And then she meets Peter. I can't say any more than this or it will spoil the whole book. But trust me when I say this, it's good and the twist on the ending is....Well, to be honest, it's heart wrenching.
Jodi Lynn Anderson wrote it almost perfectly to follow the story line of the original Peter Pan and she did a marvelous thing in creating an almost prequel to the original Peter Pan so that when you read it, it's as if by reading this book your feelings about Peter Pan and Wendy morph into a whole new perspective. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves their Disney movies. This book was fantastic!!!
<3 Annabear
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

I loved this book as well! It was really interesting to read Tinker Bell's perspective since she doesn't talk in any way we can understand in Peter Pan. It was also nice to see where Tiger Lily came from, her character was very deep.
Kayona Nicole
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayona-nicole.html

Post by Kayona Nicole »

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson is hands down one of my favorite YA novels. The minute I heard I about it I knew I was going to love it, for I am a sucker for YA fantasies and Peter Pan is my favorite Disney movie. I loved the characters and their actions, the style in which it's written, and of course how it's being told from Tinker Bell's point of view! I agree that the ending was very heart wrenching. It made me cry! For me, Tiger Lily was one of those books that after you finish it you just close it and stare at the cover (Oh, the cover! It's beautiful!) for a good solid ten minutes awestruck. I would say that if anyone were to ever come across it, READ IT!
Beatriz Hernandez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Beatriz Hernandez »

...I am afraid I allowed myself to feel the same way.
For a retelling of a kid's book, it exorbitated my expectations. When reading this new perspective, I was able to understand Jodi Lynn Anderson's and I can bet she let herself drift inside the story, she felt she was in Neverland, maybe, even, she felt like one of them, and it only worsened my addiction for the book. I confess I read it in one sitting.

The means for every connected word and the sentiments it left with each narration makes the readers understand others' points of view and indirectly expresses why storytelling is very important to improve one imagination. Tiger Lily is the story for every reader that is able to let themselves feel like a character and also accept that part of their lives can be identified in the reading. Tiger Lily is told from the perspective of one of the most iconic Disney characters that follow the story of the protagonist (Tiger Lily) and the kid that never grows up (Peter Pan). Tinkerbell our narrator is able to translate each of the character's thoughts as if they were your own and manipulates you to feel that same way.

When I finished reading, I honestly could not hold myself and expressed my dislike for some characters and complained about why Disney made us see them in that way. I rated this book with an excellent 4 out of 4 because I am not able to see what I dislike of this book if the only thing I disliked was my inability to move to such a wonderful and magical place.

PSD: If you don't want to cry, then this book is certainly not for you.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”