Review of The Partygoer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chiwelite O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-o.html
Latest Review: The Water Bear by Groucho Jones

Review of The Partygoer

Post by Chiwelite O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Partygoer" by Frank Gallo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In our world today, a higher percentage of young adults go through events, which make them depressed and feel lonely. Some seek love in different ways like parental love, love from friends, and love from a partner. Have you ever wondered about the kind of thoughts that run through a depressed person’s mind? These people are very vulnerable; they tend to believe anything thrown at them.

The Partygoer by Frank Gallo is an educating book comprising four parts. This book sets out to educate young adults on the dangers of drugs, risks of alcohol abuse, and the negative influence of peer pressure. It centers around the life of Joe Data, a young adult who attended Sogo High School. He was a bit of a loner who longed for his father’s love. In school, he met genuine friends, and he also met some bad friends who he thought cared for him. They lured him into the world of drugs, and he started to question whether drugs are as bad as what health practitioners make them out to be.

As the story progressed, we met Ray Greedy, a junior at Sogo High School. He was a loner who didn’t want any friends; he was convinced that friends were deceivers because of a past incident. Ray was lured into the world of drugs by the girl whom he thought he loved. He was warned to stay away from her, but he never listened. However, an event occurred, and he found himself in a life-threatening position; the mob members sought to kill him. Was he able to come out of it alive? Read this exciting book to find out the whole story.

This book has a lot of positive aspects. It is educative; I learned about the consequences of taking drugs such as cocaine. I also learned about what peer pressure could make people do. The characters were developed and dynamic. The differences in their personalities made way for realistic interactions in the book. The plot of the story was real. Most of the words used in the book were relatively easy to understand. I learned some new words like; Anorexic, Frenched, Delirium, Anesthesiologist, Epidural, and so on.

I tried my best to spot a negative aspect to this book; I found none. However, I noticed some minor errors in this book, which did not negatively affect it.

I am so impressed by this book, so I rate The Partygoer by Frank Gallo 4 out of 4 stars. I did not give this book a lower rating because the minor errors I found did not take away the overall pleasure I had while reading the book. I recommend this book to teenagers, young adults, and people interested in books highlighting the theme of drug abuse. People who love reading fiction would find this book fascinating.

The Partygoer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kingsley Emodi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-emodi.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kingsley Emodi »

Young adults need all the education they can get on the risks of drug abuse, alcohol and peer pressure. Such an educational book. Great review.
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

The harm of drugs and alcohol can’t be over-emphasized. Thanks for the review. Good book.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

These are problems that many young adults face. Thank you for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

Young readers could turn to this book for guidance. And Ray sure has gotten himself into quite the dangerous situation. Nice review.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

This seems like quite an interesting read. I've never heard of a book in fiction that emphasises the harm that drugs could cause, usually it just seems to be a way of fitting in with the "cool kids". So I think I'd like to read this.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”