Review of Luna Derham: Full of Awe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lauren Hanna
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Last to Vanish
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-hanna.html
Latest Review: Mamma & Me by Eloisa B. Lucas

Review of Luna Derham: Full of Awe

Post by Lauren Hanna »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Luna Derham: Full of Awe" by Brooke Moorehead.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A baby girl entered the world with golden sparkles around her. Luna Derham, the protagonist at the center of this young adult novel, was born. Residing in Kansas with her mother, father, and half-brother, Luna led a typical life. On her fourteenth birthday, everything changed. Something mysterious happened to her body, and she soon discovered that she had magical powers. Later that night, Luna met a boy who also had superpowers. He explained to Luna that it was time for her to attend a new school. The academy’s purpose was to teach the students how to master their magic and develop their powers. Once at the new school, Luna meets and forms friendships with her roommates. She is also informed of a tremendous task that only she can complete. With the help of her new friends, will Luna be able to accomplish this crucial mission? Luna Derham: Full of Awe is the first book in a fantasy series written by Brooke Moorehead.

The Magical Realm was fascinating to learn about, especially where it existed parallel to our reality. It was exciting to go with Luna on her journey into this new magical world. I enjoyed watching Luna find her place in the realm and discover her unique magical abilities. It was delightful to see that even though all of the characters were different in their magical powers, they came together to form friendships. The character of Luna was well-developed which made it easy to root for her.

Throughout the story, Luna is very mature. She always knew the right thing to say and do to improve a situation. I think a lot of readers could learn from her. I appreciated Luna standing up for herself and her friends. There were various moments when she chose the high road, and for young readers, I think that is important. The writer offered great advice throughout the book. For example, Luna helped a boy who was a victim of bullying. She said to him, “You’re the one who’s in control of your life. All you gotta do is make sure it stays that way.”

There was nothing about this book that I disliked. Luna Derham: Full of Awe is a beautifully written story that is easy to understand. This tale is engaging and full of action. I enjoyed the mystery and the twist at the end that I never saw coming.

Luna Derham: Full of Awe is a suspenseful book filled with many interesting characters. I enjoyed the plot and had never read a book like that before. The superpowers and magic made this story stand out. I also admired Luna’s positive and mature outlook on the various situations she found herself in. The story had a good flow and was easy to follow. For these reasons, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this enchanting book to young adults who enjoy fantasy stories filled with magic and superpowers. Fans of a strong female cast, mysteries, and suspense will appreciate Luna Derham: Full of Awe.

Luna Derham: Full of Awe
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kingsley Emodi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-emodi.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kingsley Emodi »

Fantasy stories always present an interesting read. I feel this will be one of such. Great review.
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

Sounds like a magical fantasy,
Great review🍀
:tiphat:

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”