Review of Dragons of Introvertia

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
emeraldlaurice012
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeraldlaurice012.html
Latest Review: Poetic Thoughts of a Young Lion in the Asphalt Jungle by Steven Ederson Sr

Review of Dragons of Introvertia

Post by emeraldlaurice012 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dragons of Introvertia" by James and Bit Barringer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cammie and Eza are as opposites as opposites can be. Cammie comes from Exclaimovia, where every minute is filled with talking, joking, and singing. Here, people have no concept of personal space, and silence is their enemy. On the other hand, Eza is a true Introvertian who prefers silence over small talk. While it is common practice to interrupt someone speaking in Exclaimovia, in Introvertia, people listen. Although they are as different as black and white, a thrilling adventure brings them together as they work to prevent a war between their nations.

In Dragons of Introvertia, James and Bit Barringer introduce a magical world for readers to immerse themselves into. The book was fast-paced and easy to read. The world-building was done smoothly, so it never felt rushed or overwhelming. This is not an ordinary Young Adult book; it offers something new to the genre, along with many life lessons that readers can pick up along the way.

What I liked the most about this book was the interaction between Cammie and Eza. They are very different, not only because of their innate personalities but because of the culture and rules that they grew up with. Because of this, it was interesting to read how they interacted with each other and how they grew closer as they spent more time together. As time went by, Cammie and Eza started to do and say things they wouldn’t normally have before they met each other. This sends a message of how society influences our way of thinking and our actions, and without these unwritten rules, we are capable of being our own persons.

The only thing I did not like about the book was how rushed the action scenes were. I think it could’ve been more detailed so readers would feel the essence of adventure in the story. Aside from this, the rest of the book was perfect. I would recommend this to readers looking for a book about how friendship grows from the oddest places. However, readers looking for a mature and complex book might have to pass on this one.

I encountered no errors while reading the book. Thus, I would say that this was exceptionally edited. The characters in the story and their personalities really appealed to me, which is the main reason why the book was an easy read for me. I immensely enjoyed this book, so I am giving it 4 out of 4 stars.

Dragons of Introvertia
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

It sounds like a lovely read for children. Thanks for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

An an ambivert, I can't imagine a more perfect book concept. I think this is a pretty unique idea and seems intriguing. I'd like to read this.
leonard cavallaro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonard-cavallaro.html
Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Post by leonard cavallaro »

The idea is extremely unique and sure to be an exciting read. Awesome review!
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

I was intrigued by the title and the cover of this book. The storyline seems very unique and I especially like the concept of having a world where introverts and extroverts are separated. Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”