Review of When God Says No

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of When God Says No

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "When God Says No" by Reina Sasaki.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When we are faced with predicaments, we tend to look for comfort. At that stage of our lives, the only thing that matters to us is ourselves and where to find acceptance and love. Such was the experience of Ryoka.

Ryoka usually spends some time alone at the beach to think about her love Saki that she lost. Her past was overwhelming, including her family issues. While on the beach one day, she identified and saved Rie, who seemed to have a similar past. This would probably begin a relationship that will open them to similar experiences in their past lives.

This book was very captivating. The storyline was so interesting that I couldn't take my eyes off the book. I loved that this book is centered on love. Even though the characters found love in the same-sex relationship, they demonstrated an act of love for each other beyond human understanding.

When God Says No by Reina Sasaki was not a preachy book about same-sex couples. For instance, Miss Himura played the role of advising and encouraging the girls to follow their hearts and do what they feel it's right. This Miss Hamura's act shows God's in-depth love and acceptance of his children despite our religious backgrounds and orientation. 

I further love the author's excellent style of writing. The author specifically discussed a particular character in each part of the book. The author's perfect style of relating the three parts together added context and background to the book.

Also, I’ve learned a lot from this book and its characters. One of the parts I enjoyed most was when Rie placed her life at risk to save Ryoka in the swimming race challenge. She was determined to save Ryoka's life even when she knew she might not attain her aim. I felt the warmth of their friendship.

In addition, I admired how the author ended the book. Reading from the first part to the last part of the book, one could see that the author concentrated on young adults and most of their hidden struggles. Lastly, she gave enough advice for young adults to assimilate and practice.

After considering the whole book, there was nothing that I disliked about the book. This book was well edited, as I found only a few spelling errors in the book. Therefore, I would gladly rate When God Says No 4 out of 4 stars.

I would love to recommend this book to anyone seeking freedom from their past and present situation. I will also recommend this book to young adults, especially females going through the problem of acceptance and love.

When God Says No
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Same Mashiane
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-same-mashiane.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Same Mashiane »

I applaud how your book review is put together, and you gave a clear summary of this novel (When God Says No) by Reina Sasaki.
Generali Kidiga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-generali-kidiga.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Generali Kidiga »

I will first appreciate this reviewer for including the most important things in this marvellous review, I will do my best to make sure I read this book.
Ivvie Ivanova
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading: Beyond Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivvie-ivanova.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Spanish Edition) by Peter Liptak
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ivvie Ivanova »

I love this. I love seeing non-preachy non-prejudiced books about LGBT. I want to read this and I hope I enjoy it as much as you did. Thank you for your review!
Nickymya
Currently Reading: The Lost Girl of Berlin
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Nickymya »

The book has a strong Christian title and I found that to be attractive . The review of the story makes it interesting. I would definitely want to read it if I had the chance to
emanuel kerr
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by emanuel kerr »

I love this book it’s well put together. The Summary is the most potent I have ever seen!!
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

Indeed we all tend to look for comfort when faced with predicaments.
Julius J James
Currently Reading: Herculubus or Red Planet
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-james-1.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Julius J James »

love is life and life is love. Rie and Ryoka had a wonderful friendship. such is the expression of love,nice review!
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

I congratulate the author on producing such a lovely, nonjudgmental work. Such novels, particularly those that discuss God and mankind sexual identities, are uncommon. Great review
leonard cavallaro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonard-cavallaro.html
Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Post by leonard cavallaro »

Ivvie Ivanova wrote: 26 Oct 2021, 11:03 I love this. I love seeing non-preachy non-prejudiced books about LGBT. I want to read this and I hope I enjoy it as much as you did. Thank you for your review!
I also love the non-preachy books that really show an understanding and respect for all people. However, the extremely religious title is a little off-putting and hypocritical considering the church's role in prejudice. Still, reconciliation has to begin somewhere.
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

A book centered on love sounds like a good read. I especially like how the book's beginning and ending are tied together. Also, the lessons on love shown through the characters Ryoka and Rie is unique and important to young readers. Thanks for the great review!
Julius Nwohiri
Favorite Author: Dan Brown
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-nwohiri.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
fav_author_id: 2452

Post by Julius Nwohiri »

This is certainly one of those books hatched from the pit of hell to propagate the demonic gospel of same sex relationship. I do not agree with the reviewer that there is any good thing to learn from a book like this, especially for the teenagers.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”