Review of Clarity Castle

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 975
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Alien Bonds by Carmen Webster Buxton

Review of Clarity Castle

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Clarity Castle" by Marie-Hélène Lebeault.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What if parallel worlds truly exist? What if we all live alternate lives in myriad realities? What if we are able to meet different versions of ourselves in one place? It would be intriguing, wouldn't it?

In Clarity Castle, Marie-Hélène Lebeault takes us on a journey where time and space are merely illusions. After a dismal grade in math, Clare Knox takes a walk in the woods near her house to clear her head. To her utter astonishment, she does not find the stone quarry that was always there. Instead, she happens upon a medieval castle. She is completely bewildered to find the castle filled with varying versions of herself.

Is this castle real? Why does Clare find herself there all of a sudden? How will she cope with the intrigues of the castle? How will it affect her life?

In Clare's own words, she is a worrier. She strives to be the best in everything. However, she does not have a set goal. By venturing into the lives of her alternate selves, she is able to see first-hand that she is able to do anything once she puts her mind to it. She is someone who is willing to learn. She keeps an open mind. She does not hesitate to ask for help. Through Clare, we learn that it is important to keep our balance so that we are able to achieve all our goals.

Lebeault is a brilliant author. By showing us the lives of the alternate versions of Clare, she portrays that every one of us has unlimited potential. It is our choices that define our lives. She also takes the opportunity to depict life during the COVID 19 pandemic through one of Clare's alternate selves. This was a great move on her part as it makes the book all the more relatable.

At first glance, the theme of Clarity Castle seems to be a complex one. However, Lebeault explains complicated theories of quantum physics in a clear and concise manner. She uses examples from movies and books to make the theories relatable. This keeps the book engaging throughout. Not once does it become tedious. This is my favorite aspect of the book. Along with the scientific aspects, Lebeault includes valuable life lessons in her story. However, this does not make the book monotonous. She imparts knowledge in a way that goes with the natural flow of the plot. This makes the book perfect for young adults. I highly recommend the book to teenagers. People with an interest in quantum physics will find the novel fascinating as well.

The book is well-edited. There is nothing that I dislike about the book.

Keeping in mind the pros and cons, I rate Clarity Castle 4 out of 4 stars.

Clarity Castle
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

I have always been intensely interested in quantum physics and I like books that explain the concepts in an understandable manner. Thanks for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

You had me hooked on the first line, but it got better :)
Thank you for the great review!
Ntshebile M
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ntshebile M »

I love the fact that through Clare we lean we can do anything as long we put our minds to it, this book can help those people who daubt their ability to do certain things they want to achieve in life.
For the author to include the covid 19 pandemic in the book is a smart move because we can all relate to it as it is affecting us globally.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

I like the main character's personality. The fact that she's a worrier is very relatable to me. The concept of multiple realities is not entirely unique but the castle with all versions of her coexisting is new.
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

This is a unique spin on the parallel worlds trope. I would be interested in seeing Clare's alternate lives and how her experiencing them helps her grow as a person. Thanks for the informative review!
Books are my self-medication. 8)

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”