Review of A SON and A Father to A People and A King

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of A SON and A Father to A People and A King

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A SON and A Father to A People and A King" by Luke Briggs.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A SON and A Father to A People and A King by Luke Briggs will transport you to the future, where very few trillionaires exist. As luck would have it, Steven Rich II was born to the wealthiest parents on earth. Steven II had always desired to build a kingdom that he could rule over. Besides money (which he already has), he wanted power. He persistently asks his parents for funds to establish his kingdom. In reply, they give him conditions to fulfill for his request to be honored.

Fast forward, Steven Rich II is married and has children. After years later, he establishes his kingdom, which he names Richland. In monarchies, it is common knowledge that the throne passes from the father to the eldest son. Nonetheless, before his death, Steven Rich II passes the sovereignty to his favorite great-granddaughter and her husband. With incidents of murders, there is an unexpected turn of events regarding the heir to the throne. How does the story proceed?

I appreciated how the belief in God was the center of Richland’s success. Though Steven II had always desired power, he did not rule the kingdom with an iron fist; in fact, he was the exact opposite. A few years later, it was the wealthiest country in the world. In actuality, his death left a lasting impact on the people.

The author has included numerous characters; therefore, to not get mixed up, concentration is recommended. The tale takes a surprising turn from royal affairs to legal matters. Some members of the royal family are presented before the royal judge and have to prove their innocence. The court proceedings, attires of the judge, jurors, and defendants were superbly executed.

I did not like how the author rushes the book in some sections. When the Richland Kingdom was established, there were only a handful of people. However, on the 1st anniversary, the kingdom had grown to one hundred and fifty million plus royal subjects. I mean, in a year, people grow from a few thousand to more than one hundred million? Luke Briggs lacked creativity there.

The work has editing issues, ranging from minor typos to grammatical errors and ambiguous sentences. I, therefore, affirm that proofreading and professional editing would tremendously improve the book’s quality. Consequently, I rate it 3 out of 4 stars. The conclusion of the book makes it not only worth your time but also suspenseful enough to make you hunt for its follow-up. This publication is fit for readers who would love to see what the world of the super-wealthy entails.

A SON and A Father to A People and A King
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tshepo_P
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tshepo-p.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Tshepo_P »

sounds like a good read, this review game me an insight about it and i am definitely going to read it
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

I think the concept of this book is alluring, and the fact that I won't be confused by characters is appealing to me.
Mary Lou Mills
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: The Buffalo Soldier
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-lou-mills.html
Latest Review: Permaculture for the Absolute Beginner by Dawn Raynes
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by Mary Lou Mills »

Very interesting. I am curious to know how God plays in this story about wealth and power.
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

Seems like a really interesting story with a different kind of theme. I'm curious to know what happened to Steven || and how things turned out at the end. Thanks for the review.
Lasty Kondijo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lasty-kondijo.html
Latest Review: Let's Help You Self-Help! by Anthony Jacob Braaten

Post by Lasty Kondijo »

Wow Steven must be very determined to establish his kingdom, he eventually achieved his dream. Indeed good work pays.
David Iba
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by David Iba »

It so interesting novel, it always the grace of God to be rich. Already everyone was born to rich and roll. I understand how happy and gratefull steven ll is upto for is kingdom dream come to pass.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”