Review of Lost

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Review of Lost

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lost" by T. J. Fagella.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What would you say about being on an Island with your worst enemy? This was somewhat the case with Zac and Stryker. Lost is a fictional novel by T. J. Fagella that tells how two males who detested each other were brought together through a serendipitous incidence.

Zac was angry with his friend, Zeke, for not informing him that his cousin, Stryker, would also be on the trip to Russia organized by Zeke's father. Zac can't stand the sight of Stryker, whom he described as obnoxious. He had wanted to back out of the trip, but Amy, his girlfriend, and Zeke persuaded him not to do that. Zeke saw this trip as an opportunity to get closer with his dad, who he missed. The four of them were warmly welcomed by the Alexeevs. On a planned trip to Olkhon Island, Zeke had called sick, leaving just Stryker and Zack. Unfortunately, they got into a series of bad incidences. Read this book to know the rest of the story and how Zac and Stryker strived to survive.

The book was short, with 136 pages and still did not have any missing gap, as it ended well. At a point, I had already concluded that the story would continue in a sequel, but the book ended with a perfectly rounded-off plot that had the necessary ingredients of a novel. The book's diction was simple to understand, although it contained modern US language expressions that included whaddaya, gotta, and ya. The characters were all introduced at the right time and progressed smoothly. The characterization was superb in that each character perfectly interpreted their given roles. These positive points are my drive to award Lost a rating of four out of four stars. The book was also professionally edited, as I encountered only a few minor errors that did not impede my reading process.

There are several things to learn from this book, given its settings. The book was set in four major places. I learned about the Paris pizza, the Moscow airport, and Russian laws. The book also taught teamwork and the importance of tolerance as a virtue.

I enjoyed the storyline. The teamwork, courage, lack of intimidation, and adaptability displayed by Zac and Stryker at Siberia were admirable. These made them my favorite characters. The characters were all exciting to read.

This book was thoroughly written and was amazing. I enjoyed every bit of the book, and the end was satisfying. There was nothing to dislike about this book. I recommend it to adventure lovers. It would also appeal better to teens and young adults, as it would be more relatable since the major characters are of the age range. The author exceeded in the aim of entertaining.

Lost
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Shivansh_007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivansh-007.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Shivansh_007 »

Seems like a book I'll definitely find interesting. I'm always in for adventurous fiction books with mysteries and thrills. Thanks for the great review.
Zwothe Angel M
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Zwothe Angel M »

The book looks like a book I would enjoy reading. As it will show the importance of people who don't like each can end up liking each other after they know each other better. Thank you for review
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

A 68 paged book ?! Okay, I'm up for it! But nonetheless, I really found the story intriguing and it has left me curious with multiple questions in my head. Well, I'll just add it to my shelf then. Great review, thanks!^^
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

I am not sure about the length of this book, but the story seems intriguing! Thank you for the review!
Jydel
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Currently Reading: Diary of a wimpy kid
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jydel.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Jydel »

The book sounds superb. I love adventure and this sounds like a good one. As much as it is short, I feel it will make a good reading.
19blueofficial
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-19blueofficial.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by 19blueofficial »

Nice introduction. The first thirteen words really gripped me to my seat. Nice review anyway!
19blueofficial
Currently Reading:

Post by 19blueofficial »

I look forward to reading this book in the nearest future.
19blueofficial
Currently Reading:

Post by 19blueofficial »

I look forward to reading this book in the nearest future.
Onangole Nathan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onangole-nathan.html
Latest Review: The Lost Years of Billy Battles by Ronald E. Yates

Post by Onangole Nathan »

Love the bit that enemies have to work together and it being an adventure. Considering it's length, this will be an easy read.
Fransisca Ekezie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fransisca-ekezie.html
Latest Review: Surviving Chaos by Harold Phifer

Post by Fransisca Ekezie »

Two guys who despise themselves yet found their selves together in the same place I could imagine the rage they both felt when they saw each other, nice review by the way I look forward to reading this adventurous story.
Rizqah Jacobs

Post by Rizqah Jacobs »

I'm completely intrigued. I really love and enjoy reading good books. From what I've read in the synopsis, this book is extremely interesting. I like the feeling of whilst reading a book I feel like I'm in the book, as if I am experiencing these things happening to me, and I really feel that this book would make me feel like that. Therefore I totally and completely look forward to reading this book very very soon. 🌼🌼😁
Vincent Magara
Currently Reading:

Post by Vincent Magara »

Review of the Lost
The storyline was enjoyable.The courage,team work lack of intimidation and adaptability displayed by Zack and strykerat sibberia was adorable.
Hussein21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hussein21.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Hussein21 »

Imagine getting lost with someone you despise! I can think of how badly things will turn out, yet it will mark the begging of a friendship

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”