Review of The Treasure of Peril Island

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Susan Kihleng
Currently Reading: Just Give Me a Soft Place to Land
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-kihleng.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Review of The Treasure of Peril Island

Post by Susan Kihleng »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Treasure of Peril Island" by C.W. James.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jack Drayton wants nothing more than to spend a quiet evening reading Shakespeare on board his decrepit old barge. But his solitude is interrupted by a group of drunken sailors that suddenly thrust Jack into a feud that changes the course of his life. Jack’s evening, and ultimately his destiny, takes an even more dramatic twist when he rescues an old man from being beaten to death by these same drunken sailors. Jack soon learns that the man is none other than the notorious Black Juan Gaskara, a ruthless and bloodthirsty pirate from nearly a century earlier. Jack and his best friend, Hector, embark on the quest of a lifetime in search of Gaskara’s long-lost treasure in a faraway place called Peril Island. With danger at every turn and merciless pirates hot on their trail, the two valiant young men embark on their dauntless adventure to fulfill the final wish of a dying pirate to use his treasure for good.

The Treasure of Peril Island by C.W. James is a swashbuckling adventure novel about the heroic escapades of daring young Jack and Hector. I loved every aspect of this story, from the descriptive narrative to the gripping plot. This book contains all the ingredients of an epic adventure, and it’s one I’ll definitely be reading again and again.

There was nothing to dislike about this book. I was enthralled from the very beginning and could barely put the book down until the end. The author did an excellent job of portraying a daring and romantic adventure in a style reminiscent of a Robert Louis Stevenson novel.

I enthusiastically give The Treasure of Peril Island four out of four stars. As I already stated, there is much to enjoy in this pirate tale, and the reader will most likely be left humming a pirate tune and dreaming of Spanish gold. I found only one error in the book, demonstrating professional editing and attention to meticulous detail.

The Treasure of Peril Island is geared more toward young adult readers, but I believe any reader with a taste for adventure and a thirst for heroic tales of long ago would enjoy this novel. While there was no profanity or adult situations, the occasional violence and some scary scenes may be too much for younger readers. However, I recommend this book to young adult readers and older who are looking for a gripping story that will whisk them away to faraway lands in a time long ago.

The Treasure of Peril Island
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

This book looks interesting and full of adventure. Pirates are usually an appealling subject in adventure books. I think not only young readers would like it, but adults as well. Great review.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Such an adventurous read. I wonder what this long lost treasure is. Guess "happy reading" is in order to myself as I'll be picking up this book soon to discover what the "Treasure in Peril Island" is.
Ghuddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie.html
Latest Review: Better Angels Lesley Gore Dusty Springfield by Linden Lelievre

Post by Ghuddie »

Adventurous stories are usually interesting to read. You delivered an excellent review here. Well done.
katerina_12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katerina-12.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by katerina_12 »

This book seems adventurous and thrilling. Thanks for your review!
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

Great review...adventures novels always have a journey motif that makes characters emerge at the end more mature, knowledgeable and eager to face another journey...a must read

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”