Review of Third Earth

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ghuddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie.html
Latest Review: Better Angels Lesley Gore Dusty Springfield by Linden Lelievre

Review of Third Earth

Post by Ghuddie »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Third Earth" by Cami Murdock Jensen.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cami Murdock Jensen's Third Earth is a fantasy fiction series centered on sixteen-year-old Agnes. She is the archmage and the great wielder of truth on the second earth. She is on a mission to save the world.

Having a long history of success at her job, Agnes was on a mission to check the origin of earth 22 but got a frantic cry for help from the third earth filled with dragons. Having done her job on earth 22, she turned to do the usual on the third earth; however, she faced a difficult ordeal that left her a shadow of her former self. The mission on the third earth opened up several secrets held undercover for years. This story touched on the themes of betrayal, illusion, and pride. Could this be the end of the magical world and the earth? What are these discoveries she made? Find out by reading this interesting story.

On the positive aspects of the book, I loved that the main character, Agnes, was well developed by the author. The book didn't just reflect on her life as a magician but also as a loveable teenage girl. Her personality was very relatable, both as an archmage and a schoolgirl. Again, I loved that the author combined the magical, spiritual, and physical world perfectly. He made use of science, FBI agents, and recent happenings to tell this enchanting story.

There were quite a few things I didn't really appreciate about the book. Firstly, I felt some of the characters in the story were not well developed. Some key points to aid understanding were left blank, and this caused a bit of confusion. More so, I feel the book could have been more concise. I found some of the details shared in it to be unnecessary. Also, an average reader may have great difficulty understanding the complex storyline.

The book was exceptionally well edited. I couldn't find spelling or grammatical errors in it. However, I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. I did not give it a higher rating because I did not appreciate some parts of the author's writing style. I feel the storyline could have been made a lot less complex. I couldn't fully understand some parts of the story. I didn't give the book a lower rating because the author put commendable effort into writing the book. He really showed a good mastery of the world of magic and the earth's origin passing through geologic times.

I recommend this book to readers who enjoy magical, villain, and crime stories because the book is filled with magical scenes and crime detection. Readers who also wish to have a better understanding of the dealings of the magical world will enjoy reading the book.

Third Earth
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

I'm not sure a book about magical powers will interest me. However, fans of fantasy fiction will enjoy this one. Well done.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

The plot of the story is very appealing but It really annoys when when author's focus on unnecessary details and forget essential ones. Great review
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Hussein21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hussein21.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Hussein21 »

This sounds like a sci-fi novel and I enjoy the plot. Such a huge responsibility for a 16years old girl
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Sci-fi? Yes, please. I'm already interested in reading this book. The storyline is intriguingly exciting. Thank you for your review
Figo Bio
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Figo Bio »

I'm not sure a book about magical powers will interest me. However, fans of fantasy fiction will enjoy this one. Well done
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Post by Adaeze Joan »

This book has quite an interesting plot, and I really love reading fantasy fiction. I think I would love this book. Good job.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

Excellent character development, especially where the protagonist is relatable to the reader are always a plus for me. Thank you for the recommendation.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

This is a really interesting insight into the book. Great review.
Asiaa Szn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asiaa-szn.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Asiaa Szn »

I'm not a lover of sci-fiction but it has a nice plot. Great review.
Oyedele Tomijane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cleverspider001.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Oyedele Tomijane »

This book is multiverse themed, seeing as there are multiple earths. That is already quite amazing and one of the earths even has dragons? how impressive!. Thanks for such an excellent review.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”