Anyone else disappointed with "The Heroes of Olympus?"

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
B00KW0RMZ
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b00kw0rmz.html

Re: Anyone else disappointed with "The Heroes of Olympus?"

Post by B00KW0RMZ »

I think this series was really great, and even though somewhat repetitive made up for in the story-line.
el_nordie
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-nordie.html

Post by el_nordie »

I was not disappointed with the The Heroes of Olympus series at all. I do admit it wasn't as good as the original Percy Jackson series, but however, my expectations were already fairly low. Whenever there is a sequel series, they are never really that good. When I first started reading the first book in the HOO series, I was a little disappointed that Percy was not in it. Nevertheless, as I got further into the book and then further into the series, I started to like it more and more! I am now in love with all the new characters just as much as the original ones! Long story short, I thought the series was great! It really exceeded my expectations. Not a disappointment at all!
BookLover451
Currently Reading: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover451.html

Post by BookLover451 »

I do agree that the first series was better but I thought the Heroes of Olympus was a good sequel to the series.

I did think Percy Jackson and the Olympians was a better series out of the two largely because Percy was the sole narrator in the first series. To me, Percy as a character is very much alive and seems to jump out of the pages. The other characters didn't seem to match up when they were narrating the adventure in The Heroes of Olympus. However I did enjoy how the author tied in the new characters with the characters from the first series. That way one could get introduced to the new characters but still enjoy Percy, Annabeth, or the other characters from the first series.
BookAddict17

Post by BookAddict17 »

I was not disappointed at all. The characters were strong and vibrant. I was actually pretty impressed that Percy and Jason did not come off as the exact same person. Also, I found it interesting that one of you missed Grover. It felt as though Leo was so much more of an entertaining sidekick that Grover faded away. I wonder if Mr. Riordan let him...
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

I think sequels (individual books or series) are always less interesting than the first. I enjoy Heroes of Olympus as long as I don't try to compare it to the Percy Jackson series.
Bridgette C 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridgette-c-2.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Bridgette C 2 »

I'm kind of disappointed with The Heroes of Olympus for other reasons...

I'm satisfied with the first Percy Jackson series and I find it superior over The Heroes of Olympus. I think, Heroes of Olympus is a coming-of-age fiction and the PJ series is really just intended for teens.

But really, PJ is better.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”