Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
amybo82
Favorite Author: David Sedaris
Favorite Book: cannot pick just one
Currently Reading: Calypso
Bookshelf Size: 1517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amybo82.html
Latest Review: The Adventures of The Gorilla Billies by Mark J Stopford
Reading Device: B00TA9FD2M
Publishing Contest Votes: 17
fav_author_id: 2790

Icon Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan

Post by amybo82 »

I am absolutely passionate about this book! Told by a group of gay men who were taken long ago by AIDS, Two Boys Kissing follows gay teenagers. There are three couples and one singleton. Harry and Craig used to be together. They're still friends, and they've decided that they want to break the world record for longest kiss. Avery and Ryan have just met and are experiencing new romance. Peter and Neil have been together for a while. They are facing a point in the relationship where it's starting to get stale and it's time to do something about it. And Cooper, well, Cooper is by himself now that he’s basically been kicked out. All of their stories are individual, and all of their stories intertwine. Each boy deals with reactions from friends, family, and classmates to their individual and collective situations.

This is one of the most beautiful stories I've read in a long time. It's worked its way into my top five list. (Sorry, Catcher in the Rye!) It made me laugh, cry, and really think about what it means to be a homosexual in today's world. The writing is poetic and poignant. I'd recommend this book to anyone and everyone!
333areeha222amina
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by 333areeha222amina »

its is reflection of what we call trauma and life. Both are intertwined between the act of kissing to show the gratitude for being homosexual openly in the school campus. its indeed a stimulus for the treatment of copper who have been beaten by a group of boys for being gay. The dramatization of the kissing is therefore a panorama of being significant in showing up the gratitude and regard for ones sexual orientation.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”